“This place completely reset my palette. It made me recall what real good food taste like!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bistro San Martin

Bistro San Martin
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro San Martin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 86 Restaurants in Arlington
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our fine dining menu is best described as World Inspired Regional Cuisine consisting of fresh and local seasonal products. In addition to high-quality meats and poultry, we also offer sustainable seafood, amazing soups and irresistible desserts. Vegetarian and gluten-free entrees are created upon request.
Arlington, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

My wife and I showed up on a Friday evening at 6:00p.m. unannounced and no reservations. The place was full of those anticipating the experience of a wonderful meal and many who were relishing the delight and satisfaction of Chef Martin's creations. It was a happy crowd a relaxed crowd leveled with the sounds of contentment and pleasure. We were kindly greeted by Steve the GM and front-man for the Bistro. His quality and demeanor made us feel welcome and maybe even a little special. Asking our names, he welcomed us and thanked us for choosing his restaurant as our destination.
With out making us feel uncomfortable he sadly told us that there was currently no room for seating and that the reservation list would occupy the remaining tables for the night. After asking us to wait for one moment he informed us of a cancellation in reservation at 8:00 and welcomed us back. We were not sure we wanted to wait two hours before eating but we told Steve we would call him shortly with an answer. After talking it over with my wife as we were heading to a different place we decided nothing sounded as good as the Bistro and called Steve and asked him to save us that spot at 8:00.
Boy are we glad we did! Upon entering at ten minutes to eight, Steve remembering our names had our table waiting and ready. As we walked passed the very open kitchen we saw a plated appetizer dish that looked amazing! I asked our waitress (who was wonderful by the way) what that dish was. She said it was not currently on the menu right now, but that it was jumbo prawns lightly breaded and seasoned pan fried and set over a rhubarb reduction and served with a few mixed greens. Let me tell you what! These prawns were outstanding! The rhubarb reduction was out of this world. It all went together with impeccable continuity from start to finish. Like a symphony on your taste buds. You must try this dish!
For entree my wife had the scallops and I had the New York. It was everything we expected and more. My wife had red wine and I had a cocktail. My only complaint would be from the bar. My cocktail (Makers Mark bourbon and coke) was served in a very small tumbler and mostly filled with ice. It was mixed well with good strength but lacked content. Not a big deal though. Everything else was phenomenal. The food, the service, the atmosphere, and the experience was a delight! We are very pleased with our experience and we will be back again soon. We highly recommend the Bistro San Martin to the trip advisor community!

• Visited November 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A cook that always dreamed of owning a top restaurant.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

He made his dream reality.
I was there on a Tuesday evening unplanned. And was surprised by the food the wine and the service. The staff was like a family with most working there long time. The food and wine can compete with any good European restaurant. And is un- american. Prices are good.

Ludo, Netherlands September 2013

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank ludboo
Ladner, Canada
“Spectacular meal and experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

We went to this restaurant in September for a birthday celebration. We were staying in a nearby B&B and were trying the restaurant because of the rave reviews it has received. Even though we went with high expectations, it still managed to exceed them. Every aspect of the meal was delicious (we both had the duck and it was wonderful). The chanterelle mushroom appetizer in puff pastry and brandy cream sauce was delicious and perfect to share as it's quite rich. Service was perfect and the Chardonnay was one of the driest (and therefore best) I'd had in a long time. Kudos to this restaurant for providing such high quality across an entire experience. We will definitely be back.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Alison H
Camano Island
“one of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

We went with another couple and everything was excellent, from starters to dessert. For
the started I had the spinach salad with strawberries, , crab cakes for entree and homemade lemon ice cream with berries. Service was top notch also. We will be going back soon.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Harry G
Arlington, Washington
“Small Town Boosts Gourmet Extraordinaire!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

Possibly the BEST restaurant in all of Washington state. Gourmet to the max (minus a price that would prohibit you from returning) with the BEST staff anywhere in the nation. No one is EVER disappointed with Bistro San Martin. Their wine paring dinners is something to experience!

• Visited July 2013