“Good food, slow service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Bar, Pub
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Anderson Island, Washington
“Good food, slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

Anderson Island is a quirky place. There's an express bar that's only open three hours a day most of the year. And a restaurant that's open just four days a week except during summer. This is that restaurant, and both it and the coffee shop are the only two dining establishments on the island.

I ate their on a recent Friday night. We were seated at a window table overlooking Lake Josephine, and our menus were brought promptly to the table and my beverage order taken. But it was quite a wait before our order was taken, and quite a wait longer before our orders were brought to the table. And only then did I get the glass of wine I'd ordered when I first arrived. The server was good at apologizing, but after the third or fourth apology they begin to sound hollow.

I ordered the cod and chips, and it was really quite good - among the best fish and chips I've ever had. Good chips, crisp on the outside, soft on the inside, as well. Prices are reasonable.

• Visited April 2014
4 Thank boeflak

Oregon
“good restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

We did not expect much of this isolated restaurant but we had good dinner. Their clam chowder was very good as well as fish and chips.

Visited September 2013