“Paradise found.”
other travelers have booked this property
Front of the house
Front of the house At the end of our driveway acces to lake
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
Front of the house
At the end of our driveway acces to lake
Just a few steps down to lake
Lake access non motor boats, swimming etc
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Amy F
“Beware of Owner.”
Reviewed September 5, 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

My overall stay gets a 2 star – poor rating due to interactions with Kathy, the out of state owner. Our check-in day was full of hassles, most of which could have been avoided with some organization on her part. I didn’t receive the garage code a day ahead of time as promised, she tried to push back check-in time by 5 hours only 1.5 hours before we were set to arrive, we ‘checked-in’ to a dirty house and waited hours for the cleaning crew to arrive, the cleaners finally left at 6:30pm which was a full 7.5 hours after the agreed upon check-in time, the bbq didn’t have any propane, the party float she advertises for use had a large hole, the garbage/recycle cans were full so we had no place to put our trash, etc. Kathy apologized for all the inconveniences and said she would refund me $100 to make up for it.
Once we were in, we had a nice weekend on the island. The house itself is great for a group, close to the lake, well stocked with games and videos, and has a nice large deck. The house is older and shows wear and tear – many towels have bleach stains, the light grey carpet throughout the house is stained, the kitchen is missing key items (ex can opener). I visited the island about a month prior to our visit to scout out the island and visit the restaurant. The cleaners happened to be at the house and invited me in to look around. The carpets were dirty and stained during this walk through a month prior to our visit. I assumed the carpets had always looked like this so I made a mistake of not pointing out the stains and every other one of these problems when we arrived on Friday.
Fast forward to a few days after our stay and I receive a message from Kathy that the cleaners let her know we left the house in a mess and she would only be refunding me $50; not the agreed upon $100. Her complaints from the cleaning crew were stained towels (these were stained when we arrived), stained carpet (again, the carpet was stained throughout the house when we arrived), and excessive garbage (I had 12 people in the house for four days and we cooked all but one meal – that creates a lot of garbage). She also implied we were a party house based on boxes of beer cans (again, 12 people on vacation for four days). I politely disagreed with her email and she got defensive and said I should owe her extra cleaning money since we had 12 people; I then quoted her previous email to me that said extra cleaning fees kick in if you have OVER 12 people.
All in all, it’s $50. I know Trip Advisor doesn’t have anything to do with it since it was agreed upon the refund outside of their system. I imagine we are not the first group to receive these accusations upon check-out. I’d warn anyone thinking about renting from her of these hassles and encourage you to take pictures of the home and document everything prior to your stay. Or, find a different house with a reasonable and polite owner then you won’t have to go through the hassles we have.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The location, the size of the house.
Liked least: Interactions with the owner, the terrible check-in process
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
dl-lgarre...
WA
“Paradise found.”
Reviewed August 28, 2015 for a stay in August 2015

We have stayed in vacation rentals several times in Maine as well as the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee. Last year we were far too close to the fires in eastern Washington for our liking. This year we wanted to stay closer to home so friends could visit if they had time. Anderson Island was a perfect choice. So close and yet, so far away!! Many have said it the ferry takes you to a whole other world. The peace and small town feel is the perfect get a way. Waving to everyone on the island reminds me of growing up in my home town.
The house was perfect. Our teenage son took over the basement - we rarely saw him. He would leave out the garage with a Kayak and his fishing gear and be gone until he was hungry. The upstairs was so homey and comfortable. I do not like staying in places that feel like museums where you are afraid to touch anything. This house was not that at all we felt at home the moment we walked in the door. The neighbors dogs were so sweet visiting the house and swimming by the dock. The deck was an amazing gathering place. We had some friends come out over the weekend and grilled and talked on the deck most of the night. It was such a fun evening.
Kathy could not have been more helpful. I am a planner so I contacted her several times with questions to make sure I was clear on the fishing & boating policies, as well as many other random questions. She was always so quick to answer and so nice about my concerns.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Peace and quite
Liked least: sharing the dock. The neighbors were a bit selfish on the weekend.
Traveling group: Teenagers
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
Markotamo...
University Place, Washington
“Beautiful home!!!!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

This house is beyond beautiful !!!Plenty of room for a large family and very quiet. The home has everything you will need to enjoy your stay...The owner is wonderful too. My family will be staying here again soon .)

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
La.
Reviewed May 27, 2013 for a stay in May 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Rugged travelers
Seattle
Reviewed August 20, 2012 for a stay in August 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing