Fidalgo Drive-In
Ranked #53 of 91 Restaurants in Anacortes
Cuisines: American
Description: Open everyday. Very popular with locals. We serve an all-day breakfast in addition to our menu, which is full of burger choices, fries, seafood platters, clam chowder, salads, and, of course, 17 milkshake flavors.
Reviewed April 6, 2013

My mom and i stopped in last week and ordered hamburgers and fried stuff.. the burgers tasted like cardboard, dry, burnt meat, and no flavor at 7 dollars a piece.. we would of been better eating at jack in the box next door. The fried food was good. The girl got our order wrong and was very rude...slammed the burger into the trash with an attitude.. never order a burger from here.. also..too funny..the sign out at the road says.. best burgers in anacortes..wow..so not true..maybe the person should of said..worst burger ever..best onion rings and fried mushrooms..

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I had a chicken breast sandwich, it came with hamburger grease all over it, changing the flavor to almost inedible. The girl at the counter was so new she had to ask someone else how to do anything and everything.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I was excited to finally eat at Fidalgo Drive In. We pulled in and pushed the button to order our meal. After about a five minute wait, we decided to run inside and see what the problem was. We were told that they were so busy, they turned off the speaker buttons on the curbside menus. We ordered 2 milkshakes, 2 burgers, one tater tot and one sweet potato fry. After an over 30 minute wait, not counting the time spent waiting for them to answer the curbside speaker, we got our food. The shakes were good, nothing special though, the tater tots were tasteless and obviously previously frozen and the same with the sweet potato fries. I bit down on gristle in my burger and almost sent me off my chair. Even the burger is cheap. The price was over $23 for a small burger, small shake, small tater tots, regular burger, regular shake and regular sweet potato fries. Very disappointed! I hate fast food and this was sub par to even most fast food burger places. Management is losing repeat customers and should take these ratings seriously. Fresh food, clean restaurant, superb service, and reasonable prices would give me a reason to go back and try it again, until then, I'll head the other direction and eat at Five Guys.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Going into the old A&W drive in that now houses Fidalgo, is run down and not the best smelling. Sitting at the booth, I noticed that the windows have not been cleaned in some time because of cloudiness and the dead bugs on the sills. The booths are in dire need of reupholstering and the staff don't stand out as worker's. The teenage girls were wearing cut off shorts and tshirts(a couple had more suggestive styles on). The mgmt should have some sort of dress code(at least t shirts that say Fidalgo DriveIn).
The burgers were mediocre at best and they were out of fries!?!

Take time to close down and do a deep clean and retrain staff on how to be personable. I have noticed many teens in Anacortes workplaces have little or no personality. Its like talking to a zombie, they just stare, no smile and don't repeat.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

onion rings were good; hamburgers had a "odd" taste, wouldn't go back...I'd wait for a table @ the bowling alley restaurant...