“Unexpected diner in a bowliing alley!”

San Juan Lanes Bar and Grill
Ranked #24 of 99 Restaurants in Anacortes
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Reviewed September 14, 2018

After a long day of travel we wanted a quick dinner close to our hotel in Anacortes. We were surprised when the front desk told us to go across the street to the bowling alley. We sat down at a table overlooking the lanes and had a great dinner. Basically it is a very good diner with burgers, sandwiches, etc. plus you can get a beer. I loved my BLT which had a large amount of bacon while my husband liked his burger with fries. We would have come by for breakfast too but they opened at 7am and we had an early ferry.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed July 27, 2018

Good food, friendly staff, good service, food is plentiful, good value in a surprising location but it worked well for us.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

I have always loved this place but haven't gone out to eat for awhile. I decided yesterday late afternoon I wanted a beer and BLT. I decided to go into bar and was extremely pleased. The patrons are great, the bartender was top notch and ended up spending a great hour and a half there. Food and beverage perfect and extremely affordable. Of course it was early. I got there a little after 4 and left at 5:30 but it wasn't at all rowdy. It was more like being in a popular coffee shop that I won't name that had expanded food and beverage selection. I'm definitely going to put it on my weekly splurge list!

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed August 19, 2017

we were in anchorets for a charter and stopped here for breakfast prior to driving back to SeaTac. Service was fast and friendly and servings were generous and tasty. We would not hesitate to eat here again.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed August 18, 2017

Have been coming to this place for many years for the fish and chips. They changed owners along the way. The fish and chips remain the same, however, it just the fish that remains good. The 'sides' are not. Frozen fries, runny coleslaw, and I would not eat their potato salad. I just get Fish and green salad. Anyway, other than the fish-n-chips, the other food is just basic cafe food, not remarkable, but filling if you want a basic dinner.
The thing that has become irritating to us is that their service is now very unpredictable. You can tell the wait staff changes over. Sometimes they run very shorthanded, wait times are long even if not busy, and the guys can be downright rude. Last night was one of those nights, if I had not been flat-out hungry I would have walked out within the first 15 minutes due to short-handed and rude staff. There was only 2 tables of customers, and 1 person at the sit-down bar. Yet I waited 20 minutes before having to ask, "Hey can I at least get a menu?"
It got worse, long wait and rudeness. Another local customer sitting near me also commented that the only thing they cook right any more since the changeover is the fish.
That's it. I won't be back unless I get an unquenchable craving for their fish that overrides my disdain for the downhill status of their service Sad.

Date of visit: August 2017