“The type of place to sit and really enjoy a meal. A dining experience.”
Review of Adrift Restaurant

Adrift Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 91 Restaurants in Anacortes
Cuisines: Seafood, Soups
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Adrift is a friendly, casual, locavore eatery with a creative and diverse menu. We serve breakfast all day, lunch, and dinner, and we source much of our meats, seafood, and produce from local farmers. We have an extensive seafood menu featuring local clams, mussels, scallops, oysters, crab, smoked trout, salmon, halibut, and catfish. Our Skagit Burgers are locally famous, they are made with local grass fed beef, housemade potato bun, balsamic caramelized red onions, and toasted garlic aioli. Drift in and join us for a great meal. Follow us on Facebook for specials and announcements!
“The type of place to sit and really enjoy a meal. A dining experience.”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Was visiting anacortes yesterday around dinner time. My fiance ate here a couple of months ago and thought I might enjoy it as well. So this time the whole family got to try out adrift. First the outter appearance doesn't quite give you the full impression of what a wonderful place. On any other day if I was walking by, you may miss out because it doesn't really strike you as anything special. Oh boy is that wrong. This place is great! Love the decor and atmosphere. Its quaint yet fancy. Love the slight nautical feel. Its a small space back in the dining room area, yet they make it feel so open and airy. Ive read other reviews that it seems like a hip/trendy spot where they feel unwelcome... we didnt get that at all! I had my 5 year old with us and got great service and treated no differently than the other diners. Now on to the food.... AMAZING! We shared an appetizer of crab cakes which was excellent. I also had the crab au gratin which was like upscale comfort food. My fiance just had a burger which was taste and as a patent im grateful that they offer a kids menu. On Thursdays they offer sushi which looked delicious and also spotted cioppino which looked so extravagantly tasty that I will be visiting again just to tey that dish. If you are a seafood lover... or just enjoy a nice meal in general give adrift a try. You wont be disappointed.

• Visited August 2014

Orcas, Washington
“Pricey and slow”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

Adrift has a lot going for it; the quality of the food is excellent. And it should be when you pay over $15 for a burger and fries. The times I've been it's been very busy, and the service was reflective of the staff not having time to deal with the customers in more than a cursory manner. As a result, we felt rushed and couldn't really sit back and enjoy.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank katri42
Burnaby, Canada
“Very Good”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

Happened upon Adrift and if I am ever remotely close to Anacortes I will make a detour to eat here again. I had crabcakes to start which were very good, a chopped salad with a garlicky spicy dressing so delicious and shared a plate of steamed clams. For dessert our table shared the chocolate cake, vegan chocolate ginger mousse and the lime tart. The lime tart was exceptional.

Visited July 2014
Paris, France
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Go-to place in Anacortes”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We made this our favorite local place - a place at the counter overlooking the kitchen is loud but fun at rush hour!

• Visited September 2013
Carlsbad, CA
“Tasty food”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We stopped by Adrift on my friend's recommendation. Fortunately, we were there around 6:00 pm and managed to get a small table near the kitchen. The booths in the other part of the restaurant were already full.

We decided to share the spicy ahi sushi roll and the 3 pork tacos with sweet potato. While we waited for our meal to be served, our waitress came around to make sure our water glasses were full. The sushi was only mildly spicy and very flavorful. The sushi and tacos were both very good and left us feeling pretty full. We didn't order dessert as we had some waiting at my friend's house.

We talked to the waitress about the sushi--apparently they only offer sushi on Thursdays, so don't go there expecting it on any other day!

In thinking about their menu, there were so many interesting items on it, I would definitely like to try something new when I go there next time.

• Visited July 2014