“CLOSED FOR REMODEL”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Based on the AAA guide, we tracked down this restaurant hoping for a good seafood lunch. As of today - 9/17/13 - they're closed for a remodel with no re-opening date posted. Oh, well.

1  Thank helmerphud

Reviewed September 12, 2013

The reviews I read were a bit mixed, but we were coming off the ferry from San Juan Island at dinnertime on Labor Day, it was my SO's birthday, the menu looked good, and we wanted to eat on the water, so we gave Randy's a try. Best. Decision. Ever. Tiffany, the bartender upstairs, told us the dining room menu was available in the upstairs bar, so we opted for a gorgeous sunset view, a comfy booth and a room nearly to ourselves. We both had the charbroiled wild sockeyed salmon and agreed it was one of the best meals we have ever eaten - I don't know what made it so amazing, but the texture was like a tender steak and the flavor was supurb. To finish, Tiffany brought us an enormous wedge of (gratis) oreo cheesecake for SO's birthday - we swore we didn't have room to eat much, but oddly enough the plate left us empty... Loved Randy's and will go back if we're ever in the area again.

Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

I just ate here after traveling around all day. The view is great and seals were active in the bay. Service was so so. Food even more so so... For the price... You pay for the view. Would not go back. I'm pretty sure their seafood platter is making me ill now.... About 45min later...

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Randy's has been my favorite restaurant in Anacortes for a number of years. It was once the best for miles around, and although it has slipped to 4 stars, it is still the choice. There is a bar (serving bar food) and a restaurant with a great view. The harbor below is home to a family of seals and you can watch them play while you eat.
They do know how to prepare fish here and they offer a good variety from salmon to scallops.
To get there, go north on Commercial Ave (main drag) and turn right on 4th, then left at the sign onto Ave T. Randy's is on the right at the waterfront.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We wanted to find a quaint restaurant on the water for dinner so we could relax. We got a window seat and got to watch the seals. The staff were friendly and very accommodating. The clam chowder was excellent. My halibut was awesome too. My husband enjoyed his meal too. I would love to go back one of these days. The area was amazing. Loved it.