“lovely dinner after a long day of travelling”
Review of Randy's Pier 61 - CLOSED

Randy's Pier 61
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We wanted to find a quaint restaurant on the water for dinner so we could relax. We got a window seat and got to watch the seals. The staff were friendly and very accommodating. The clam chowder was excellent. My halibut was awesome too. My husband enjoyed his meal too. I would love to go back one of these days. The area was amazing. Loved it.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

I was looking for a great seafood place to take a friend who had never been to an American restaurant before. This popped up on trip advisor, and despite having been to Anacortes many times, I'd never heard of it or eaten there. Because it was Saturday night we called ahead to make reservations, but it didn't appear necessary as there was plenty of parking, and plenty of seating when we arrived. Every staff member we interacted with was friendly and welcoming. Our booth was directly up against a window overlooking the water. The meal started with warm bread, and rosemary butter. Yum! When we all ordered salads with our meal, they even cut up a special plate of veggies just for my daughter! The prices were reasonable for seafood, and there were plenty of other options as well. The food was tasty, and with the big portions we were given the option of splitting a dish (but we each wanted to try something different). Thank you! We will definitely be back!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

We've dined several times at Randy's over the past few years when passing through Anacortes. Our first experience was a family get-together breakfast which whet our whistles for more. Since then we've made sure we stopped in for dinner to enjoy the wonderful seafood servings. Our most recent visit didn't disappoint.

We started with the crab dip with home made corn chips. The chips were ever so slightly salted which helped maintain their natural sweetness, a great complement to the crab flavor and definitely preferred over those establishments that content themselves by using Costco chips.

Our Caesar salads were a little weak in flavor (could have used some more anchovie paste or better yet, the real deal) and the lettuce was more room temp and floppy vs. crisp and cool. I'll chalk it up to this particular evening since, in the past, they've been much better.

The piece de resistance though was the macadamia-crusted halibut. The fish was fresh and perfectly cooked and the sauce complemented the dish perfectly. I switched from a somewhat ordinary sauvignon blanc to a better chardonnay which went quite well with the fish.

We didn't have room for dessert but in the past they've served some great cheesecake and cobblers (size is an issue, they're usually enormous slices).

The restaurant's location, right on the water, is very notable (and other reviewers have raved about it). It is a few blocks from the main drag in Anacortes but pretty easy to find (just drive to the last light, one block past the hotel, and turn right). This is the location which I'm sure Anthony's Restaurant would have loved to have. Service for us has been pretty good. Young staff but usually very eager to serve. We actually walked in on a Friday night with a street fair going on downtown and didn't have to wait for a window table but I'd recommend reservations over that sort of folly.

Reviewed August 6, 2013

What a wonderful meal at a moderate price. Restaurant is a little hard to find, not on main drag. Local gave us a tip and it was fantastic. Service was wonderful and no wait Sat. night about 8 PM.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I had the fish and chips (but it had a fancier name) which was great and my husband had what he called the best clam chowder he has ever had (and he's had a lot, it's one of his favorite dishes). He wanted to know if they could ship it to us in Arizona!