“Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful!”
Review of Greek Islands

Greek Islands
Ranked #10 of 91 Restaurants in Anacortes
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Vancouver, Canada
“Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful!”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

This short narrative will NOT do justice to just how good the Greek Island Restaurant is. Went here to celebrate my partner's birthday and we were not disappointed. Service was absolutely flawless and as for the owner smiling (as one of the other reviews suggested she didn't), she was gracious, generous and ever smiling. Appetizers were excellent (try something with the marinara sauce...you won't be disappointed) and the rack of lamb was better than mine (not by a lot...) and finger licking good. Order the rack of lamb early though, because they do tend to run out fairly early in the evening.
Desert was a surprise, courtesy of the owner and was very delicious....evidence of this was that there was nothing left on the plate.
Cost is more than reasonable: dinner with wine and appetizers came in at $65 pre-tip. That's good (very good) food at a great value. Highly recommend it and will be going back again when we are in the area. Opa!

• Visited August 2012

Kansas City, Missouri
“Mediterranean OPA!”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We ordered the special appetizer spread and it was amazing. The staff was prompt and our food was delicious! The restaurant had fun Greek ambiance. A great visit!

Visited September 2012
East Wenatchee, Washington
“the old lady needs to smile and be friendly so people will want to come back”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I know the proprietor is the woman who seats the people and all I can say is they must do an amazing amount of business, so much so that they don't care whether or not you come back. The servers were two young men who were VERY friendly and almost made up for it but not quite. She is very quiet and hard to understand. She NEVER smiles but she is pleasant never rude. I jsut think that she could learn something from the young men she has hired and trained. They do phenomenal! The food was good. It was the first time I have ever tried Greek food so it was all Greek to me. :0) sorry I couldn't help it. I had Musaka because I had heard this term used on Melissa and Joey and wondered what it was. It was good. The chicken and lemon soup was great! The pita bread with garlic was amazing!! We were staying at a hotel nearby with friends and enjoyed a very pleasant evening at this restaurant. I would tell people to give it a try. I only write this so that management will get a heads up. SMILE! Make it a place where people want to come back.

Visited August 2012
Vancouver, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One of the best restaurants in town!”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Absolutely wonderful! From the service to the food, Greek Islands is the best! The flavors are not to be missed.

Birch Bay, Washington
“Greek food at its finest”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

My wife and I stop here every time we visit Anacortes. Unlike most Greek restaurants that I've visited, this place fills the plate, and does so for a reasonable price. The service is politely attentive. The food itself is divine. I'm pretty sure that Keftedakia is the Greek word for "heaven". Dolmades is another favourite of mine. Another thing that sets Greek Islands apart from other Greek restaurants is the very extensive menu. Take your time and pick a new favourite. Then go back again and again.

• Visited April 2012