“Great gluten free cookies and breads” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Calico Cupboard Cafe & Bakery

Calico Cupboard Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #5 of 87 Restaurants in Anacortes
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Port Townsend, Washington
“Great gluten free cookies and breads”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

I was passing through on a Friday and knew they had GF products so stopped in for a look and coffee. I left with half a dozen GF chocolate chip cookies, two loaves of GF bread and a wish that I could find this kind of quality in other places I go. When I went back through on Sunday, I stopped and grabbed another three cookies for the road (I'd left the remainders of Friday's purchase at friends'). Great stuff, highly recommend.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Enterprise, Alabama
“Fresh!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Every time I visit here for breakfast, I feel like I am in a good friend's kitchen and the food is being brought right from the farm. They are a little bit slow at times, but the wait is worth it! They have a great variety of teas to choose from, the breakfast menu is huge, and their homemade jams are to yummy for words!

Visited September 2013
Tel Aviv, Israel
“Nice Sunday brunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013

It was our first visit to Anacortes, and this place seems to be very popular so we decided to stop there for brunch before we continued to Deception Pass.
We chose to seat outside, which was a bit chilly on Labor Day weekend, despite the sun.
We had a healthy omelet, cappuccino and a cinnamon roll, all were excellent. Since the place is popular we had to sign in when we arrived, but we only waited for about 10 minutes. The service was great. I would defiantly come back.

• Visited September 2013
Sammamish
“Waitress was missing!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

We were on our way back from Orcas Island, so stopped for breakfast.
I have always loved the locations in Mt. Vernon and LaConner. So, we thought
we would give it a try. We placed our order and our waitress was absent for
20 minutes or more. They were busy, but she was in the area several times and did
not even glance our way. We needed extra coffee, hot water for tea, etc., but she
just wasn't around to ask. Finally I went up to the desk and asked to have service at our
table. Our food was good, but not as good as I have had at the other locations and service
was certainly not good. I will avoid this location in the future.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Phoenix, AZ
“Eat Where The People Are!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

Very popular eatery.......we now see why! great food, great service (thanks Jessica), great bakery! Had sandwich and soup lunch special. Sandwich had oven roasted turkey on homemade bread. The soup was a cream of broccoli (best ever). My husband had the Hudson special scrambled hash breakfast--as someone else said the potatoes are to die for. Also took home 3 bakery items (croissant, peanut butter cookie, and macaroon--great tasty treats we had later!) Looking forward to returning soon.

Visited September 2013