“Start your Day Right”

Calico Cupboard Cafe & Bakery
Ranked #4 of 87 Restaurants in Anacortes
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Boerne, Texas
“Start your Day Right”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This was so good, one morning we got there and they had French toast pancakes, simply amazing, There were three of us, so we each got a difference breakfast and each was wonderful. It was so good we went back the next day, different specials and just as good. Cute restaurant, easy to get to and short wait for table.

• Visited March 2013

“Baked goods to die for....and gluten free........”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We went for breakfast here recently. I'm trying to go gluten free and was thinking that here we were going to a place with fabulous baked goods and I wouldn't be able to eat any. Sigh........ But, lo and behold, NO..... they have a fabulous and tasty selection of gluten free breads, and muffins and goodies.
I had a gluten free breakfast of butternut squash hash..........fabulousity maximized........LOVED it. It was different - , no eggs which works for me, and really yummy and tasty. Lots of potatoes,(which is great......love 'em) and could have had some more squash in there for my taste but it was great. Then I added some gluten free toast, and it was the best I've ever had. Usually gluten free bread is horrible, but this was nutty, tasty, delicious. I bought some to take home........ My husband had some 'regular' breakfast food and also loved his. The service was good. We will become regulars to this little spot when we visit Anacortes. I want them to ship me bread and muffins so I can have them all the time. The muffins are moist and flavorful, truly yummy - again, the best gluten free baked goods ever. 2 thumbs up.

• Visited April 2013
Rapid City, South Dakota
“Interesting Menu, Nice Decor”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stopped here for a late breakfast and were pleasantly surprised. The decor is cheerful, the servers were friendly and attentive, and the menu had a number of interesting breakfast choices. Don't look for standard fare, the menu here is eclectic and interesting, and almost everything is gluten free. A bit on the high side for breakfast, but worth it for the quality. We both enjoyed our breakfast, and would come here again.

Seattle
“Gluten-free diners, rejoice!”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We've eaten here many times in the past. You can always count on fresh, tasty meals in a homestyle atmosphere. Now we are both gluten-free, and we found ourselves passing through Anacortes at lunch time. This would usually always be our first choice, but we were thinking, "How are we going to find something gluten-free at a restaurant that's also a bakery?" We were very surprised to find that the menu is full of gluten-free choices! Gluten free bread can be subbed on many of the sandwiches and other items. We were thrilled. Same great food, now safe for us too. It's gratifying to find more good restaurants are becoming aware of the growing population of diners sensitive to gluten.

fidalgo island
“I do not go here anymore”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I used to eat here often, and if you like white flour and sugar it can be fun.

I heard of someone who worked here say the bakery staff are working as if in a "sweatshop"...
So I choose not to support a place like that.

However, they do offer a huge array of sweets and breakfast and lunches.
Not a big fan of the toasted fried wheat berries on the side of the dishes, taste rancid.
By rote sweets not soulful and healthy. Average. I give it my HSL award: Highly Sugar Laden.

• Visited April 2012