“Great Jazz and food!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 25, 2019 via mobile

We went there Wednesday night to hear a jazz group and have dinner. Our grandson plays in his school’s jazz band and we thought he would enjoy a professional group. We were right! And we all enjoyed the music and the food. It was crowded but the service was fast and friendly. The food and music were both excellent! Calamari, shrimp and fish & chips all delivered promptly and hot. We have been here before and never disappointed. PS the beer is also excellent!

Date of visit: January 2019

Reviewed January 6, 2019

Lunch and dinner are appreciated here. This restaurant also houses a brewery but you cannot purchase Anacortes Brewery selections in stores. So I have become a growler fanatic. My favorite brew is ‘Reliance‘, which is a fundraiser that benefits the victims of the Camp Fire in Paradise, California.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed November 14, 2018

Had the Salmon Chowder and the Fish Tacos. Both were very flavorful and the portions were generous. The Chowder had lots of Salmon chunks in a very good base. The Tacos had a little bit of spice to them and were a perfect size. Even though the place was busy the waitress was quick to take our order which arrived in a timely fashion.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed November 13, 2018

Stopped for lunch last Friday, first thing I noticed was the smell - stale beer, old cigarette smoke, and poor lighting - I couldn't read the menu. Maybe the beer is good but the food was less than average. Waitress got the order wrong, the fish tacos were mediocre, crab cakes were ok but at $16 not worth it. Should have gone to Anthony's.

Date of visit: November 2018
Reviewed October 9, 2018

The restaurant is 'adjoined' to Anacortes Brewery, and it is my assumption that it is owned by the same folks, along with the other place on the other side of the brewery too. My "beef" is basically with the beer. I am not a beer snob, but do enjoy a good pint or two, and travel the Pacific NW quite a bit, enjoying new beers brewed locally. So I was glad to see the options here! I got a sampler of the Red Ale, the Brown Ale, the Oktoberfest and a Porter. Quite frankly, besides the Porter, the other three tasted almost the same, and had basically no distinction from each other, and in general. Basically a forgettable tasting experience. Great character at the restaurant, and great wait staff. However the place is pretty "used". Don't look at the floor - the carpet (really?, in a restaurant?) is about as dirty as you will ever see.

Date of visit: October 2018