“Nice hotel!”

Majestic Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Located right near all the restaurants. We stayed in the new rooms above the new banquet room. Room was great and very spacious. Kitchenette was great. Only downside is you can hear everything in the banquet hall. Overall though a great place.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Boarderstud
Paul S, General Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Thanks for your lovely review. I apologize for the noise from the grand opening of our brand new event space. We are going to look into further soundproofing it. In addition to the extra soundproofing, we will try and rent the rooms on the floor above the event space to people attending the event.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

If you enjoy older charm, excellent service, a spa and restaurant on the premises, you will doubtless enjoy Majestic Hotel. They get their highest marks for service. Front desk attention to detail is flawless, and they truly listen to any concerns you may have. Our first night was spent in room 601, which unfortunately was directly over the elevator machine room . . . the on and off sounds of the elevator rising and falling until 2:30 in the morning, then picking up again around 5 a.m. No sleep was had that night and we were exhausted. When we expressed our concerns (and a desire to either be moved or to leave), every effort was made to find a more suitable room and an adjustment in the rate was made. They have a cozy bar with a nice happy hour menu. There is a roof top deck in the new addition, which serves food and beverages. Unfortunately, the food offerings are sparse and not that interesting or varied. It is a delightful area just to sit and enjoy the view, read a book, or grab some sun. Breakfast was somewhat disappointing. The scramble had too much cheese, not enough of the mentioned vegetables, an untoasted, over buttered English muffin, and very greasy overdone potatoes. Coffee given to each guest to use in a French press is very good and flavorful. The hotel is very convenient to many local restaurants and shops and the old historic part of town is charming. (The rest of the town is not so charming). There is a wonderful Anacortes Community Forest nearby for hiking or walking; and Washington Park offers wonderful views all around with access to salt water wandering. All in all, it is a very nice spot to stay!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Foodlover_12203

Dear FoodLover, thank you for your excellent feedback. I apologize for the issues you had in the hotel and restaurant as well as the limited food menu on the rooftop. On the other hand, I am thrilled that our customer service at the front desk was able to listen and truly address your needs.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

The Majestic is a well appointed and maintained property. If you need to stay in Anacortes, it is a good choice, although I would not make it a destination in itself.

My overnight stay was ok. The staff was friendly and well meaning but the number of details that were off in just a 12 hour stay is somewhat surprising. Here is just the few that I remember:
1. I look for the password of the internet in the hotel guest manual. It says there is no password. My computer begs to differ asking for a WEP password
2. At 1am someone starts power washing (yes!) the pavement across the street from the hotel. I notify the front desk. Half an hour later I call the police. Finally around 2am the noise stops.
3. In the morning, I go to make coffee in the room. I cannot find milk or creamer. No point in making coffee.
4. I ask for my luggage to be stored in a safe location in the morning. The answer: you can leave it there (pointing at a public area). It takes me a couple of tries to ask the staff to put the bag in their office for safekeeping
5. In the morning, I ask for milk at breakfast. The very kind server brings cream... no big deal which is corrected quickly.
6. Finally, I ask for the bill. It takes too long to wait. I come back later in the morning to pick it up from the front desk.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Thank you, Claudio for your detailed feedback as well as your comments of the hotel being well appointed and maintained. I do apologize for the numerous "quirks" during your stay.

We did recently set up password protection for our wifi, but we forgot to update the guest directory. Now that you have brought this to our attention, we will change the guest directories asap.

That is absolutely NUTS that someone across the street started power washing at 1am, and I am glad you called the cops!

I also apologize for the "quirks" of us confusing milk with cream, being slow to bring the bill, and being slow to offer a private secure area to store your belongings. I very much hope you decide to return so we can redeem ourselves by providing you with a seamless stay.

Reviewed June 22, 2014

Gorgeous hotel with beautiful rooms in a beautiful setting. However lots of little details were overlooked in our stay. For example, when I called to book the room I mentioned there were 5 people in our party, and mentioned this again when we checked in, however there were only 4 bath towels in our room and no bedding included for the pull out couch for all of us to sleep.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for commenting on the beauty of the hotel; however, I do apologize that we failed to put extra towels and amenities into your room to accommodate your party of 5. The pullout bed should have already been made, and extra pillows and blankets should have been in the closet, and I am deeply sorry if that was not the case. I hope you let the front desk know, so that we could have rectified our oversight immediately.

Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

This is a great place in a great location. The rooms are large and newly remodeled in the old hotel.
They have a very nice looking dining room and a full bar. We did not have time to eat /drink here as we went next door the the one year old new hotel that has a killer rooftop bar and light finger food. A must go to bar for a drink or three (weather depending)... even if your not staying at the hotel.
Very friendly staff. We will stay here again next time we are in town.
Enjoy WEST-MORRY

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank West-Morry
Paul S, General Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Thank you for your flattering review. The rooftop bar is quite an amazing spot for great food and drink. While it is weather dependent, please note that we have outdoor heat lamps, a fire pit, and even blankets available for chilly nights.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We stayed in the new building and the furnishings were much nicer than in the pictures or the price for our room. New, clean and plenty of room. Right downtown, which allows easy access for exploring local areas. Our initial room needed a minor maintenance adjustment. Taylor the front desk associate was able to resolve swiftly without inconvenience to us.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank PlumTravels

Taylor and I were thrilled to read you lovely review. Thanks!

Reviewed June 12, 2014

We stayed at this renovated 1890 Inn and Spa and were surprised to see that a brand new roof deck bar had just opened in the sister building! What a beautiful view and experience. The appetizers were great and the service wonderful. The rooms in this inn are well appointed with great linens, french press coffee in room, The toiletries and bathroom fixtures are first rate. The rooms are small but very comfortable. Great location close to the water and the main street in town which has restaurants and shops.

We will be back!!

Room Tip: We were on the west side of the hotel facing Commercial Street. Traffic noise was almost non-existe...