“A fine (re)treat in Anacortes”

Majestic Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Las Vegas, NV
“A fine (re)treat in Anacortes”
Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

My lovely wife and I stayed at the Majestic for Valentine's Day evening on our way up to the ancestral retreat on San Juan Island, and are glad we did.

Reception was gracious and expert. Everything about this hotel is quiet, refined and beautifully, thoughtfully finished. No Bubbas here.

Our room on the third floor was huge, beautifully appointed and carefully decorated, with a period touch. Ground coffee was provided, together with a French press. (No timer; my powerful though cheap - thanks, Jeff Bezos - multiple-city world travel clock has a countdown timer that we used instead.) No clock, in keeping with the timeless vibe. Although the hotel has a good restaurant, we decided to eat elsewhere for dinner because the Adrift restaurant across the road had excellent reviews. And we left too early in the morning, needing to catch a ferry, to try the excellent-sounding breakfast, which started late, as is proper for the leisured class.

I shall not talk of price. How crass.

Late at night there was a bit of a kerfuffle because a woman, leaving behind her boyfriend (?), stormed from the hotel, threw his belongings from her car into the parking-lot, and sped off into the night. A sad end to Valentine's Day for them, or at least for him; she was perhaps insulated by dudgeon. Say larvae. We've all been there, not so? Even beautiful surroundings can't save us from ourselves, nor from those we love. As Bill B.Y. said, "Man [or woman] is in love, and loves what vanishes / what more is there to say?"

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SoItinerant
Matt P, Guest Relations Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this review, February 22, 2014
Thank you for your expertly-written review of the Majestic Inn, Soltinerant. We always appreciate hearing that our attention to detail is noticed. In keeping with the "timeless vibe," we urge guests to slow down and enjoy some locally-roasted, French press coffee. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
Everett, Washington
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I loved it here the room I stayed in had a huge porch with two room two bath rooms huge shower and a jet tub girlfriend loved it. The only issue we had was the night clerk not answering the phone and being rude to us. But the rest of the staff is very knowledgeable and polite I will for sure be back.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Devin91
Matt P, Guest Relations Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Thank you for the honest feedback, Devin91. With two bathrooms, two balconies, and a jetted tub, the Majestic Suite is truly a one-of-a-kind room. We're happy that you were able to enjoy everything it had to offer. I would like to speak directly with you regarding the night clerk, so please feel free to call at your convenience. Thank you again, and we'll have the Majestic Suite ready for your next venture to Anacortes. -Matt (360) 299-1400 ext. 111
Houston, TX
Reviewed February 10, 2014

This was a good place to stay because of the location. It is right in the center of downtown Anacortes. It has charm and character. It is not your typical cookie cutter type of hotel. It is definitely an Inn. The restaurant was okay but didn't ring my bell. I had eaten here years ago and I remember it being a lot better. This was a short stay or me so I cannot wax eloquently.

Room Tip: High floor because the windows are old and they let in a lot of street noise. However, during the w...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank CaptainMM
Thank you for noticing the charm and character of the historic building. We have added special touches including premium bathroom amenities and luxury linens to each guest room. I apologize about your experience in the bistro, and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding the issues. -Matt (360) 299-1400 ext. 111
Montana
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I've had the pleasure of staying at the Majestic Inn on at least three occasions. The last two were in a Traditional King Suite within the new building. Upon entering the building one immediately experiences feelings of quality and elegance. It's clear that attention has been paid to every detail. The decor in the room matched that of the building giving you a very positive atmosphere. Quality workmanship throughout. A large and spacious room with a very nice bathroom and walk-in shower. We love the view overlooking Commercial St. The only negative I found was that the shower didn't have any grab bars in it.
We enjoyed a couple of drinks at the bar. A very delightful atmosphere. We didn't try the restaurant which was nearly full for we had previous reservations at the A'Town Bistro across the street- A favorite of mine. We look forward to many more stays at the Majestic. It's defiantly our go to hotel in the area. I personally feel it may be a bit underpriced, but I'm surely not going to complain about that :o)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your feedback, Mrbillone and are pleased that you enjoyed the attention to details. Being centrally located in the heart of Anacortes, we are within walking distance to some of Skagit's best restaurants and bars (including our own!). Thank you, and we look forward to seeing you again.
Mill Creek, Washington
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My husband and I recently stayed one night at this wonderful hotel, and now are excited to return soon. The hotel is beautiful, historical and all the staff made us feel so welcome and cared for. Shannon and Carol at the front desk were so accommodating, and we very much enjoyed eating at the hotel bistro (happy hour was great!), where again we were given great service and a warm welcome. The area surrounding the hotel was wonderful for walking, and the cold, fresh air so invigorating. We are already planning our next visit! Thank you!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you, MarandKenny, for the great review. We couldn't be happier that we're your new getaway spot! Both Shannon and Carol appreciate being noticed for their dedication to providing the best service in the industry. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed January 21, 2014

My wife and I just enjoyed a very relaxing stay at this lovely hotel, we stayed in the new building and had a view over looking the water. The room was spotless and the staff were extremely friendly. It was also situated next to many restaurants.

Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
You can't beat the views from the top of our brand-new expansion! We strive for the best service in the industry, and we're thrilled that you were able to experience it. We'll be sure to have another spotless room ready for your next getaway to Anacortes!
Clinton, Washington
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I travel a lot for work and play but have never ever written an online review. Until now...

My friend and I both commented, upon leaving the Majestic Inn last weekend, that we felt inspired to write a review of our stay.

From the moment we entered the building, we were warmly welcomed and well attended-to. The front desk staff were incredibly friendly and helpful, without being at all overbearing or superficial. They all seemed like genuinely nice people with our interests and preferences in mind.

The woman who was working when we checked in (I wish I had gotten her name) offered us the opportunity to look at a couple different rooms and choose the one that most appealed to us. We looked at a room in the older/original part of the hotel, and one in the new addition. We ended up selecting the new room, but both were quite nice and had their own charms.

Our room was new, comfortable, spacious, and well-appointed. The beds were comfortable. We never saw or heard another guest on our floor, though we saw the housekeepers cleaning another room. so it was evident that there were other rooms booked at the time we were there. The only thing I might suggest as improvement would be the strong scent of the bathroom cleaner or air freshener, which my friend and I both found overwhelming.

The desk staff were helpful with restaurant recommendations, and sent up fresh cream for our coffee when we requested it (at no charge). The bar staff were also friendly and provided good service. The food and drinks at the 5th Street Bistro, in the hotel, were very good.

Lastly, I'd like to report that my friend and I spent a wonderful afternoon at the Apothecary Spa. Molly, who provided my treatments, was wonderful, personable, professional. My friend indicated that the woman who provided her services was also great. We talked about driving up to Anacortes again just to visit the spa.

All-around, our stay at the Majestic Inn and Spa was perfect and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank ndworkin
Thank you for the kind words. We feel honored that your stay was perfect, and that you'll definitely be back. The new expansion boasts quiet and relaxing rooms, which we're happy you were able to enjoy. Thank you again, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacortes
Anacortes Ship Harbor Inn
#7 of 10 in Anacortes
The Wild Iris Inn
The Wild Iris Inn
#1 of 4 in La Conner

Been to Majestic Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!