New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Portland, Oregon
“Another great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Just came back from a weekend getaway from this lovely hotel. This time I stayed at a corner suite on 4th floor and it was truly majestic. Views from the room was great and we got to enjoy the local art festival that was taking place on Commercial street, where the hotel is located. Service at this hotel is exceptional and everyone who works there go out of their way to assist. Couldn't be happier and I'm looking forward to staying at their new rooms during my next trip.

Room Tip: Corner Suite
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jamie Linq L
Matt P, Guest Relations Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
We’re thrilled that you were able to experience some of the best service in the hospitality industry. Thank you for the review, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Bellingham, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Friend had wedding there. They "lost" our reservation and we ended up in a dump. Super rude manager who blamed everyone, including us. Service was OK and food average but overall set up arrangements and attitude was terrible. Felt sorry for my friends who spent a TON of money for very little

Room Tip: Choose Bellingham!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 stars
4 Thank Sam B
Matt P, Guest Relations Manager at Majestic Inn and Spa, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
I apologize for any inconvenience experienced at the Majestic Inn. We strive to offer each guest a memorable experience at our historic inn, and we fell short of your expectations. Unfortunately, there was no record of a reservation and no confirmation number supplied, so we did not have the pleasure of having you as a guest. We were pleased to receive feedback from the wedding party that the event was outstanding. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you personally about how we can improve, and how we can bring you back for a truly Majestic getaway. – Matt (360) 299-1400
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I wanted a short get-away and decided to stay at Majestic Inn and Spa because of the great reviews on TripAdvisor. Here's the good stuff: the hotel is nicely decorated and situated in what appears to be the "downtown" area of Anacortes. It is within walking distance of some interesting shops, good restaurants/cafes and the marina. Our room was on the 3rd floor facing Commercial Street. The room is quite small but adequate for our needs, nicely decorated and very clean. There is no air conditioning but there is a ceiling fan that turns very, very slowly and cannot be turned up....while the room did get a bit stuffy at times, opening the windows (screened) helped a lot. The bad stuff: unfortunately, the bar across the street plays VERY loud music starting at around 7 pm. Loud enough that we could not keep our windows open while watching a movie in the evening, because we couldn't hear the dialogue! This happened on both the Friday and Saturday nights we stayed in the hotel. It was particularly bad on Saturday - there was apparently live music at the bar and it was POUNDING through the walls. We had to use earplugs on both nights - interestingly, the earplugs were provided in the hotel bathroom so perhaps the noise is not an unusual occurrence. The manager I spoke with when we checked out on Sunday did not seem surprised to hear about the noise, though he was very apologetic and offered to give us a discount and a room off the street if we returned another time. I wish I had read some comments about this before booking so I could ask for a room off Commercial Avenue! It really ruined the experience for us. If our kids had been with us we would have been a lot more pissed off but as it was, we made do. I would not have expected this at a $200/night hotel. I am not sure if we would return. I know it's not the hotel's fault but I wish we were warned about the noise and given options...it's obvious this has happened before.

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a room off Commercial Street away from the noisy bar and revelers!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank MCCL0510
Thank you for the review. I appreciate the honest feedback, and am working on straightening out the issues. I am working with the City of Anacortes regarding the noise ordinance. In the meantime, we have completed a thirty room expansion which is much quieter and has temperature controlled rooms (both heat and A/C). I’m glad you enjoyed the hotel, and look forward to having you as again.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We just stayed in a corner room - a nice large room with a good balcony where we enjoyed drinks in the afternoon.
The room was newly refurbished and equipped to standard. DVD's are available to borrow and the selection is OK, yet somewhat outdated.

The only real downside was a wi-fi that was so slow that it basically was non-functioning. The staff at check-in and check-out was welcoming and friendly.

Hint : DInner in the restaurant is good and represent good value for money. Don't go for breakfast - it's better at the "Adrift restaurant" directly across the street

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
The rooms with balconies are perfect for afternoon drinks! We’re happy that you were able to take full advantage of the beautiful Corner View Suites, and that dinner was a good value. We have readdressed the WIFI signal, and it now streams throughout the property. We hope to have you as a guest again soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed in a corner room at the Majestic for two nights, and it was absolutely wonderful. The room is HUGE, and ours had a large balcony area with a table and chairs, and a soaking tub. It was WELL worth the cost, and if you're looking for relaxation, comfort, and dare I say romance, I highly recommend spending a little more to get one of these rooms.

The hotel is in a great location, right amongst the quaint little downtown area in Anacortes. While I believe they are building a second building next door that will house a fitness center, for now they allow free access to Thrive fitness, a great gym about 3/4 mile down the road.

Free wi-fi. Free parking. Decent water pressure. Awesome bathrobes. Go buy some bubble bath and enjoy!

The room service breakfast (lox plate and oatmeal) was delicious, though expensive, and the complimentary fresh ground coffee they give for the french press in your room is a really nice touch.

The absolutely only two downsides I can think of was that I found a few very obvious hairs on top of our comforter as soon as we arrived, and the restaurant (for dinner) is terrible, but those are super minor issues.

We had a wonderful stay, and I would go back here in a heartbeat and recommend it to anyone and everyone looking for a nice place in Anacortes.

Room Tip: Spring for a corner room on the top floor with a balcony if you can.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for your kind review. We pride ourselves on being one of the premier romantic getaway destinations in the Pacific Northwest. I apologize sincerely for the hairs found on the counter, and have used this review as a training point for all of my housekeeping staff. I also apologize for your less-than-memorable experience at the restaurant, and I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you on a resolution. We look forward to your next venture to Anacortes! -Matt (360) 299-1400 ext. 111
Haymarket, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel yearly when I visit Washington State and it never disappoints. I love the rooms and location and the spa. The proximity to the restaurants is great and this is a convenient hotel for going over to the San Juan Islands.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for voting us the best in Anacortes. Whether you’re catching a ferry or exploring everything that Anacortes has to offer, the Majestic Inn’s location is unbeatable! We look forward to seeing you again.
Salem, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We were looking for a spot to stay close to the ferries as we were headed toOrcas Island. This is a grand old buliding that has been updated nicely. We chose a corner suite, I do like to have peace and quiet when sleeping. This room had a rooftop sitting area, quite large and overlooking the water. It was pretty warm the day we were there and with no air conditioning it was nice to open the door and they provide a fan to move the air around.
This is an old building, when folks walk and talk in the hallways its quite loud and when doors ars slammed you can really hear it. It just amazes me how inconsiderate people are when they stay in a hotel. I wouldn'tt let that stop you as the accomodations are great, beds comfy and the fresh coffee and french press in the room is a nice touch.
They do have a restaurant and bar, we had drinks the one evening and a very good breakfast the following morning. Great staff, would defineatly repeat.

Room Tip: Being a light sleeper I would suggest a top floor or corner suite
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
The Corner View Suite rooms are some of the best on the property, and we’re glad that you were able to enjoy the beautiful room. The noise in the hallway may be a little loud when doors are slammed, but fortunately we have a brand new 30 room expansion that is very quiet. We can’t wait to have you as a guest again, and we’ll have the fresh-ground coffee waiting for you!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacortes
Anacortes Ship Harbor Inn
The Island Inn at 123 West
The Island Inn at 123 West
#4 of 10 in Friday Harbor
5.0 of 5 stars 303 reviews

Been to Majestic Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!