“Beautiful historic building, horrible service.”

Majestic Inn and Spa
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Reviewed May 3, 2011

I first stayed at the Majestic Inn and Spa 5 years ago and truly enjoyed it. A more recent trip last April was a nightmare. This is the first review I have ever written in any forum but feel it is necessary given the horrid decline in service at this establishment.
I cannot ignore the positive aspects of this establishment without being fair. The location is great, nestled in the heart of downtown it’s an easy walk to most places. The bar is pretty good and the wait staff conducted themselves professionally. My wife has never complained about the spa cleanliness or staff.
The issue I have is with the hotel. My last stay turned into a 3 month ordeal trying to recover almost $400.00 in duplicate room fees. I initially noticed the duplicate charge after my stay and contested the charges. The Majestic could not produce two receipts with my signature for the charged dates. They still would not remove the charges. I tried to have my bank decline the charges and list them as fraudulent but was told I couldn’t because I had previously done business with them. I was directed by my bank to call the hotel and work with them. I called and I consistently got the run-around. I finally went in and asked for the receipts. The receptionist was rude, unprofessional and unwilling to help. I demanded to see the manager who had to find the book lady. 2 hours later the book lady found an unsigned receipt with my credit card number and someone else’s name. They finally submitted and gave me my money back. The last issue I have is that I was put into the “Buzz” room on my most recent stay. The lady at the front desk told me it was the “Buzz” room because it sat above A/C units that cause the vents and lights to vibrate or buzz anytime the units run.
For mother’s day this year I wanted to surprise my wife with a trip to the spa at the Majestic as she had previously enjoyed their facilities. I tried to look past all previous hotel drama and just give them my money so my wife could go to their spa. The woman at the front desk was so put out that she had to help me and put down her breakfast that I felt like I was doing her a favor giving the Majestic my business. I left.
I would love to give the Majestic my business as it is a beautiful building in the heart of down town but not until they repair their simply awful business practices.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed May 3, 2011

We were just touring the Pacific Northwest and stopped in Anacortes for a night. The Majestic was the perfect choice, as everything was first class and the location was perfect for walking around town. We also took advantage of the health club passes to get a good work out at an excellent fitness club just down the street. Great little hotel in a heritage building!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JAZZandSHADOW
Reviewed April 22, 2011

When we want to go out for a nice meal that doesn't bankrupt us, The Majestic is our place. They have a great happy hour every evening starting at 4 when the bar opens, with some really good $5 menu items.
On our most recent stay, though, our server evidently got off early & was at a couple of the local bars, & when we were going back to our room, she was having a screaming fight with her boyfriend or husband, while a couple of other people triued to pull her away from him. The man at the desk was very apologetic, saying that it was just somebody from one of the bars(he didn't know we knew who the woman was).
All in all, the rooms are nice, the food has really improved, the couple of times we've used the spa its been nice and the location is perfect, since there's 4 places for music within a block!!

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GillNetter98221
Reviewed April 10, 2011

My son and I were up over the weekend to run the Whidbey Island 1/2 marathon. We first thought we would look for a hotel in Oak Harbor. When we couldn't find the accomodations we were looking for we happened upon the Majestic Inn. What a wonderful experience! As stated by others, the staff was very helpful and friendly. The room, which was a Boardroom, was very comfortable and clean, updated, but in a very time period sort of way in keeping with the theme of the hotel and the area of old Anacortez. The beds were the best!!!! It was tough getting up in the morning to head out on the run. We had a private deck right off of our room. We ordered in room service, and although they were busy, they still were there with our meal in a reasonable period of time. Unfortunately, we did not get to enjoy our stay as long as we would have liked, however, definitely am planning to head back over with my husband for some R& R which will include the spa treatment. If there was anything that may have been somewhat on the negative side, it was that you are right there in the nightlife, and so the local bars and nightclubs can be a bit noisy. However, I thought it was an awesome touch that they provide you with earplugs right there in your room. It was part of the whole experience and my son and I loved it!!! Thank you!!!!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank bunkyb12
Reviewed January 15, 2011

Just got back from an over-nighter at the Majestic while in town celebrating the grand opening of the new Anthony's restaurant just four blocks away at the Cap Sante Marina.
Staff at the hotel were all very "smal town friendly". Room were nicely decorated with "period- furniture" had more than ample room. (we statyed in a Boardroom suite on the 4th floor) Other goodies included a quaint little bar off the lobby with a happy hour menu, to a wonderful continental breakfast in the morning that was included in the room cost.
Anacortes is a great little town for "treasure hunting" in all of it's cool little shops right outside the doors of the hotel.
Highly recommend for a getaway weekend.
Thanks Majestic! We'll definately be back for a longer stay soon.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed December 29, 2010

Great staff, very helpful.Thanks Joe. Food and service great at bistro... Will vist this hotel again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 25, 2010

Lovely hotel. Attended a family wedding there which they handled very well. Did not eat at the restaurant, but a lovely (and delicious) brunch was served to wedding guests. Other days, the included breakfast was just a typical cold breakfast bar -- fine, but nothing special, although the room was lovely and the coffee was great!. Mom and I had spa treatments -- very nice. Very comfortable bed and pillows. Have to mention that the window covering was shutters, so the room was not dark. Also, we did not encounter it, but they do warn you that since it is on the main street there could be noise some nights. Overall, we had a great experience.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank Muldoon68
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacortes
Anacortes Ship Harbor Inn
#2 of 4 in La Conner
The Wild Iris Inn
The Wild Iris Inn
#1 of 4 in La Conner

Been to Majestic Inn and Spa? Share your experiences!