“comfortable and near old town, great bang for the buck.”

Sunrise Inn Villas And Suites
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Reviewed February 24, 2013

very clean and nice. up to date. great bed and bathroom. nice tv an DVD player. met all of our needs. I would come again. the price was perfect. close to all of the things to do in anacortes. nice and quiet. continental breakfast was pretty basic. within walking distance of Starbucks and safeway.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Pnwlove
anacoinn123, Manager at Sunrise Inn Villas And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to put a review on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again.

There are newer reviews for Sunrise Inn Villas And Suites

Reviewed February 22, 2013

What a pleasant surprise to find pristine, spacious lodging (in-room microwave, refrigerator & coffee pot), plus a jetted tub for under $60/night. A nice place to get a good night's sleep if you are in-route to other adventures on Whidbey Island.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 496carolynb
anacoinn123, Manager at Sunrise Inn Villas And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed our Deluxe Queen room and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We decided to book with Anaco Inn because of their great reviews and low rates, especially for AAA members and seniors. I had called and emailed before making our reservations because we were planning for many relatives to join us on our trip. The owner (wife) was helpful on my first call and Dan was helpful replying to my emails and eventually helping me via phone. Things kept changing with my relatives so I just booked our room and let the others fend for themselves. As our vacation drew closer my brother's family decided to join for one overnight and I was able to book a room for them and still get my AAA discount on the room.

Location: Great location with a short drive to downtown, Cap Sante, ferries to San juans, etc. Don't expect rooms with views, but that's just a little sacrifice for the positives of your stay. Besides, if you're visiting Anacortes to check out the different parks, lakes, beaches, etc. like we were, you will get plenty of beautiful views when you're out-and-about and your room will be for downtime.

Room: We had the King Suite which was great. Our boys slept on the Murphy bed and we had the bedroom down the hallway. The kitchen space was great for relatives to join us for dinner. I let the owner know that they were just joining us for dinner and that they had their own rooms. If we visit again and my parents are able to come, we will get a villa. Otherwise, we'd get this room again for the four of us.

Value: This was a great value, especially for a long holiday weekend! I didn't realize there would be a continental breakfast so that was a bonus! That included cereals, English muffins, bread, bagels, yogurt, apple sauce, fruit, milk, juice, and of course, coffee! One day we bought eggs and sausage from Safeway down the street and made breakfast sandwiches. We missed the first day. Note: Breakfast is from 7-9.

Service: As mentioned at the outset, the owner and manager were very helpful.

Cleanliness: Briefly saw a housekeeper as we were seeing if my brother could check in early. She was just finishing up the room. She was all smiles. Our room was very clean.

Sleep Quality: Generally I don't sleep well but I slept well there, better than at home! The bed was very comfortable!

If we visit Anacortes again, we will stay here again. We would recommend it to friends and family.

Room Tip: Traveling with kids? Reserve the King Suite which has a Murphy bed in the living room and a separate...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank wannabefolkie
anacoinn123, Manager at Sunrise Inn Villas And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write the best review that I have ever seen. It clearly shows that you took a lot of time to cover everything. Just to let everybody know that our Villa Units do have a great view of Mount Baker, when it's clear. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Very clean, well priced, and friendly staff. We missed the ferry and needed a place to stay in a hurry and this was perfect. I Couldn't ask for more from a 65 dollar room. Would come back in a second. Not sure what else to say, the 200 character minimum for this review is devastating me

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank John H
anacoinn123, Manager at Sunrise Inn Villas And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to put a review on TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again. I will ask TripAdvisor if they can increase the 200 character limit.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Anaco Inn when we went to visit my daughter in Victoria B.C. We had booked this motel because it was convenient to take the ferry. Well we're were so pleasantly surprised by the motel staff, they were very friendly and very helpful. The rooms were very spacious, very clean and well taken care of. The continental breakfast was very well supplied with fresh food. We were so pleased with our stay that we booked a night there on our return back from Victoria. If I travel up that way again I will definitely stay there again

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kaytsmith
anacoinn123, Manager at Sunrise Inn Villas And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to put a review on TripAdvisor. We are always glad to hear that guests enjoyed their stay. We will do everything we can to replicate this experience when you return.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night in December 2012. We got a great deal and were happy to be staying close to the ferry dock. It is a cute, simple, but clean and nice hotel.
We arrived around 9 p.m. and were warmly greeted by a gentleman working the front desk. Check in was easy and fast.

Room:
Very basic, but clean. We had a queen bed. There was a small fridge and microwave. Also a small table and two chairs. The bathroom was decent sized, plenty of counter space for toiletries or curlers, etc. Appeared very clean. Shower worked well.

Parking:
Parking was free and we were able to park around the side of the building, fairly close to our room.

Breakfast:
Small, complimentary breakfast offered in the morning. Bagels, juices, coffee, yogurt, fruit, etc. Just enough to get your started on your day.

Over all impression:
It was a short, quick overnight stay for us, but we enjoyed it. The room didn't stand out as anything special, but that's okay. It was clean and served it's purpose. It only took us a few minutes to reach the ferry dock from here which is where we were headed. The staff was friendly. They have a cute little waterfall running through the front property. We liked it and would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
anacoinn123, Manager at Sunrise Inn Villas And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to put a review on Tripadvisor. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in one of our basic rooms. For future reference we do have suites and villa units available. They are a little more expensive but well worth the price. Also, they're really great rooms and are the polar opposite of simple.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed here before catching the ferry to San Juan Island. Clean, comfortable, good value. And very friendly staff, esp. Jag at the front desk. On a quiet side street off the main drag, and close to coffee shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ken J
anacoinn123, Manager at Sunrise Inn Villas And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Thank you for the great review. We always strive hard to make our guests feel right at home at our Inn. I agree, we are very well located in Anacortes, probably the best out of all the hotels. There are a lot things you can do that are within walking distance of our Inn. We look forward to seeing you again.