New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Spacious room, great hospitality” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Cap Sante Inn

Cap Sante Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Anacortes
Cap Sante Inn
You added Cap Sante Inn to your Saves list
Ranked #4 of 9 Anacortes B&B and Inns
Bellevue WA
“Spacious room, great hospitality”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at the Inn because it was centrally located, lovely big spacious double queen room in midtown. The staff was extremely gracious and helpful in pointing out places to go and things to do. We will go back to Cap Sante Inn the next time we are in this area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank katydidx2BellevueWA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Portland, OR
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

if you are looking for a clean place to rest in a great NW coastal town, Cap Sante Inn fits the bill. Rooms are spacious and clean but definitely just a room. If you want coffee in the early AM the office doesnt open til 7am so a quick walk to the Island Cafe fits the bill (they open at 6 and are a 3 minute walk away. Mark, the proprietor is the guy to work with. Seems like the young ladies working the desk arent as attentive to details as he is

Room Tip: Annex rooms are where we would recommend.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kenm323
La Jolla, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

We were catching a ferry early the next day so this was a good location and it is near several good restaurants. But there was someone else's blood on one bath towel, no plug in the tub to draw a bath, no facial tissue, no coffee in the room, the heater was taped to the wall, it is really kind of a dump. Price is right if that is what you are looking for!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Anacortes hotels

Orcas Island, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Visiting friends gave the Cap Sante Inn thumbs up, so when I needed to spend the night in Anacortes, I called them. I was having a medical procedure at the hospital the next day; I was on a liquid diet and the microwave and fridge made the less-than-appetizing food a bit easier. I did not care that the hotel did not have a buffet as I could not eat breakfast anyway. The room was large and comfortable. All appliances worked just fine, as did the wifi. The staff was very friendly and helpful. One cannot blame Cap Sante for someone banging on a nearby door -- that could happen anywhere. I would not hesitate to recommend the hotel to others. At $75, you should not expect the Ritz, but I think you'll be very content with the amenities.

Room Tip: The Inn is off the main drag; I thought that would be a good thing, but in actuality, I think the st...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jan M
eugene oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012 via mobile

Due to some travel complications, I changed my reservations several times- the staff were friendly and helpful on the phone. Our room was very clean and spacious. It is clear that they are working on updating the rooms, but it was a little shabby. If you are used to cookie cutter perfect rooms in chain hotels, this room may not live up to your expectations. If you are looking for a comfortable, friendly and convienent spot, this will fit the bill. The location was great, very easy walk to downtown and marina. We enjoyed our stay very much.

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank gertieineugene
Las Vegas, NV
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We chose to stay at the Cap Sante Inn mostly on the basis of its location, very close to the harbor/marina and its associated restaurants (such as the local branch of Anthony's), plus TripAdvisor reviews that were generally at least lukewarm, occasionally verging on guardedly enthusiastic.

We were not disappointed. Check-in was friendly and efficient, though the password for the local wi-fi wasn't shared. (This oversight is relevant because the proprietors are not on-scene after 11 pm, so if you need the password after that time, or any other form of management interaction, you are out of luck. In fact, part of the sign-in process involved signing off on a $50 fee if you required management assistance entering your room after hours, for example because of a lost key.) Room prices are relatively high and based on the inn's location. Fair enough.

The facility itself is average, with reasonably large rooms in good repair. No in-room coffee was a disappointment. Coffee is, however, available at the front office, and can be enjoyed at an outside picnic table, though I'm not sure if "enjoyed" is appropriate if it's raining, which is not unheard of in the Pacific northwest.

Overall, a guarded thumbs-up if you go in with your eyes open.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank SoItinerant
Eastsound
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The advertising for Cap Sante Inn online made it sound like it might be worth $100 a night. This past weekend, upon arrival in Anacortes, I was met with warm greeting by one of the many women who seemed to staff this joint. She was very kind. However, the refrigerator in the room didn't work. The Wifi didn't work either. I was told by the very "reasonable" staff lady that I could move to another room to get a refrigerator that worked. But the problem with Wifi was my problem because I happened to have made the mistake of having a mac computer. I pointed out to her that management had known all of this when they gave me this room. I told her I was not pleased. She said "well, you can talk to the owner". I said "okay", at which time she stated of course the owner was out of town through the weekend.

The next morning when I was in the office getting ice to keep my medications cool in my room, another very kindly woman mentioned the owner was leaving town in explanation for why I had to wait while she finished her phone call with him. Oh, yes, and I had been awakened by someone hammering in close proximity to my room around 6:45 in the morning.

This place is a rip off. So much for internet shopping for motels. What was described is NOT what you get at this establishment. I made note that they copied my credit card and I signed for the charge upon arrival. Big mistake. They knew what they were doing.

Room Tip: wouldn't bet on any room here
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business