“Evening out with friends”
Review of Ciao Bella

Ciao Bella
Ranked #14 of 91 Restaurants in Anacortes
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 5, 2014

This restaurant has great food, is very well decorated and the pricing is reasonable. We have been there several times and it's always been good. They could do some work with the Wait staff though. There's a difference between being attentive and being pushy. Attentive is being there when needed or asking how everyone is doing occasionally. Pushy is coming back very two minutes asking if you are ready to order and not taking the hint after the first 4 or 5 times of our saying no, we're taking our time and chatting. The place was not real busy and when we left there were only a few tables still occupied. We never kept them from seating any other diners so what was the rush.

Reviewed March 9, 2014

We ordered to go from this new Italian restaurant in Anacortes, and were extremely pleased. We've been waiting for a good Italian place in town, and this place fits the bill. Excellent pasta - perfectly
al-dente - nice salad and good bruschetta. Fresh tasting ingredients and friendly service. We'll be back for sure!!

1  Thank Alohagirl1017
Reviewed February 25, 2014

After hearing some good comments about the Ciao Bella, a group of us decided to try it. It has a nice decor and ambiance...however, the front glass door was very dirty. Maybe it is just me, but it made a lasting impression...as I think if it is dirty, what else are they not cleaning!

The menu has a nice variety. I ordered veal marsala. It came with Pasta and Red sauce...very bland and didn't even look good. Mashed potatoes is usually served with Marsala. The two sauces don't work well together. That entree was 19.00, the meat was adequate...but other than the pasta, that was it...no vegetable. Others ordered various dishes, they were adequate too... not great. Desserts for expensive for the type of Restaurant in Anacortes..$7.00-7.50. Wine was good...average price per glass.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Last night four of us had a very tasty dinner and were served in a capable and friendly manner, and we look forward to many more pleasant evenings in this very agreeable venue. This was the second visit for my wife and me, and as Anacortes residents, it was gratifying to see the steady stream of patrons arriving for dinner and to have the feeling that Ciao Bella is off to a strong start here in town. I have only one quibble as far as the interior atmosphere is concerned: change the music, and turn it down! I have been an opera fan all my life, but I don't want to hear a tenor singing "Nessun dorma" at the top of his lungs while I'm trying to converse at the table. I know you can't please everyone, but it has become increasingly difficult to find restaurants that are not so crowded and noisy that you can't hear your table mates. Ciao Bella has a lovely interior which offers the best possibility in Anacortes for good conversation, but that advantage is undone by the type and volume of the music emanating from the bar. If there must be music in a restaurant (and why must there?), let it be soothing, at low volume, and conducive to conversation. Two further suggestions: The first is there ought to be better lighting under the exterior overhang above the sidewalk, especially for elderly patrons, since they have to negotiate an awkward rise from the sidewalk to the entrance of the restaurant. And the second, which reflects how much we want this restaurant to succeed, is why not put some signage on the east side of the building. You have to be driving northbound on Commercial Avenue to see the only sign that is on the south side of the building; otherwise it would be virtually impossible to tell that there's a restaurant at that location. I know that the restaurant seems to be doing well without the additional signage, but why miss opportunities?

2  Thank Medimundo
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Have eaten there 6 times. Will continue to return owner had a resturant in Seattle for 15 years. A super addition to our town. Italian pizza oven coming this Spring. Hope they open for lunch. Good idea to make a reservation.