“New Italian Restaurant in Anacortes”
Review of Ciao Bella

Ciao Bella
Ranked #14 of 91 Restaurants in Anacortes
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2014

After hearing some good comments about the Ciao Bella, a group of us decided to try it. It has a nice decor and ambiance...however, the front glass door was very dirty. Maybe it is just me, but it made a lasting impression...as I think if it is dirty, what else are they not cleaning!

The menu has a nice variety. I ordered veal marsala. It came with Pasta and Red sauce...very bland and didn't even look good. Mashed potatoes is usually served with Marsala. The two sauces don't work well together. That entree was 19.00, the meat was adequate...but other than the pasta, that was it...no vegetable. Others ordered various dishes, they were adequate too... not great. Desserts for expensive for the type of Restaurant in Anacortes..$7.00-7.50. Wine was good...average price per glass.

There are newer reviews for Ciao Bella

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Last night four of us had a very tasty dinner and were served in a capable and friendly manner, and we look forward to many more pleasant evenings in this very agreeable venue. This was the second visit for my wife and me, and as Anacortes residents, it was gratifying to see the steady stream of patrons arriving for dinner and to have the feeling that Ciao Bella is off to a strong start here in town. I have only one quibble as far as the interior atmosphere is concerned: change the music, and turn it down! I have been an opera fan all my life, but I don't want to hear a tenor singing "Nessun dorma" at the top of his lungs while I'm trying to converse at the table. I know you can't please everyone, but it has become increasingly difficult to find restaurants that are not so crowded and noisy that you can't hear your table mates. Ciao Bella has a lovely interior which offers the best possibility in Anacortes for good conversation, but that advantage is undone by the type and volume of the music emanating from the bar. If there must be music in a restaurant (and why must there?), let it be soothing, at low volume, and conducive to conversation. Two further suggestions: The first is there ought to be better lighting under the exterior overhang above the sidewalk, especially for elderly patrons, since they have to negotiate an awkward rise from the sidewalk to the entrance of the restaurant. And the second, which reflects how much we want this restaurant to succeed, is why not put some signage on the east side of the building. You have to be driving northbound on Commercial Avenue to see the only sign that is on the south side of the building; otherwise it would be virtually impossible to tell that there's a restaurant at that location. I know that the restaurant seems to be doing well without the additional signage, but why miss opportunities?

2  Thank Medimundo
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Have eaten there 6 times. Will continue to return owner had a resturant in Seattle for 15 years. A super addition to our town. Italian pizza oven coming this Spring. Hope they open for lunch. Good idea to make a reservation.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We went to Ciao Bella this evening on recommendation of friends, and were really thankful for the tip. The prices were moderate, the food was delicious, and the service was friendly and as attentive as some minor teething problems allowed.

We particularly were taken with the calamari appetizer that was not deep fried like so many tasteless varieties one gets. These were pan fried in crumbs, with other yummy things added for flavor to make a truly lovely dish. I had the linguini vongole, which was full of fresh clams in the shell. My wife had the lasagna, which was superbly done.

One negative is that they do not seem to have a web site which makes it rather difficult to determine opening hours, menu, etc.

We will return!

2  Thank nukesafe
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I had the rigatoni and sausage my wife had the gnocchi (I sampled hers). The food was very good, tasty and well presented. Caprese appetizer also very good. I don't think there's anything that needs improvement as far as the food.

The owner(s) might want to take a little time to work with their staff to improve service. Nothing horrible here they just need better attention to detail. The hostess asked if we had reservation and seemed somewhat irked that we did not. She seated another party without a reservation immediately while we waited as she, apparently doubling as bus person, prepared a table. Biggest gripe here was that she didn't let us know that she was doing this and that our wait would be just a minute. Perhaps the owners might delegate assignments a bit better so hostess can interact with customers (dedicated bus person?). There seemed to be some minor confusion among the servers, again nothing earth shattering just attention to detail that will make the experience at Ciao Bella first class.

1  Thank bs54