“Reasonably priced”

Ana's Bed And Breakfast
Ana's Bed And Breakfast
Ranked #8 of 9 Anacortes B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

Ana's is very reasonably priced, right in town, and very clean, so it checks three important boxes. However, they seem a bit under staffed. When we arrived there wasn't anyone at the house. There was a note to go talk to the resident at the back who directed us to a nearby motel for actual check in. (I guess that they own both the b&b and the motel?) Anyways, it was a detour we were not expecting. But the bed was fine, the breakfast plentiful (serve yourself), and overall good value for the $$.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Erin B
There are newer reviews for Ana's Bed And Breakfast

Reviewed May 6, 2014

I've just spent the better part of a month trying to get a refund for an inappropriate credit card charge from this business. I booked a room at Ana's, but when I showed up with the confirmation e-mail in hand the night of the booking I was informed there was no room. It was late at that point and we were left standing on the sidewalk scrambling to find alternative accommodations. Only later did I discover that in addition to overbooking, Ana's owner the San Juan Motel had already charged my card for the entire stay the day before we arrived! If they'd just admitted their error and refunded the money, I would have let the whole thing go and you'd never see a review like this. Mistakes happen. But no, I had to call both Ana's and the San Juan Motel (the same person answered for both) several times, e-mail both several times (which they completely ignored), give them my card number on the phone again and again... they'd act understanding and promised repeatedly to take care of it right away, but then they never followed up. I finally had to get my credit card company involved, to whom I submitted a detailed report including phone and e-mail records just so I could get my money back for a stay that never happened. Yesterday, almost a month after we booked a room at Ana's, the credit card company restored my money. Ask yourself, with all of the bed and breakfasts and vacation rentals you can stay at in the Anacortes area do you really want to risk your time/credit info with this kind of business? Are you willing to invest extra weeks or months after your planned stay trying to get your charges corrected? Dealing with a business calling you "honey" repeatedly on the phone whilst promising to return your money, but then completely blowing you off as the weeks pass without any movement towards a resolution... at some point they moved from looking like a simple error happened, to looking incompetent, to looking intentionally evasive and unscrupulous. If you book a stay here all I can say is keep detailed records, you may need them. Incidentally I just checked the Better Business Bureau website for Western Washington and see they issued a special alert for the San Juan Motel (same ownership as Ana's) and gave them a grade of "F". Apparently they'd been using the BBB insignia on their website implying association or approval even though they were not authorized to do so. The BBB apparently had to repeatedly request removal of the insignia, but they were never given written assurance the unauthorized use would not continue. Bottom line: spend your time/money elsewhere and enjoy your vacation and peace of mind.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Taoflour55
Reviewed December 6, 2013

I've stayed here twice now but most recently after a not so good experience just outside of town. Actually made the reservation while on the road. Had to see a Seahawks game so I was a late arrival. Obviously the owner wasn't thrilled to see me at midnight, but she was professional AND nice and did meet with me to fill out the paperwork and then hit the hay. I didnt really know what to expect and since it was so late, I sneaked in and went straight to bed. I had a queen with no private bath (typical for a B&B). The bed was comfy, I slept well. Linens, bed and bath, were stark white and crispy clean. The bathrooms were empty when I woke the next morning and I took a shower in what seemed like a private bath of my own. Met some really cool folks over breakfast. Breakfast is a little slim with some fresh fruit, huge muffins, juice, coffee, milk, etc. The owner was there serving us and she was really friendly and cheerful (for only a partial nights sleep ha). She explained that there are so many places for breakfast within walking distance she doesnt feel she can compete and that was okay. There is a large sitting room downstairs that looked like a great place to meet and greet if you're into socializing. Did I mention how clean the place was? In-room flat screen with cable/satellite. WIFI worked great and I got some work done. Walking distance to everything downtown. A great place and I will return again soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business