“Nice place to have lunch in Anacortes”
Review of GERE-a-DELI

GERE-a-DELI
Ranked #1 of 91 Restaurants in Anacortes
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Tucson, Arizona
“Nice place to have lunch in Anacortes”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is a deli style restaurant with table seating. The menu has a good variety of sandwiches, salads and soups. I have eaten here many times and have always had a good meal. Very pleasant. If you are looking for a place where the locals eat.... this is it! Get there early if you want a table for lunch since it is often very busy. Or take your lunch out to Washington Park and enjoy it there. You cannot go wrong with this place. Food you won't regret eating if you know what I mean!

anacortes
“Everything's great”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Wonderful deli style restaurant. Sandwiches, salads, soups, breads, baked goods. Eat here often. Their sandwiches are big enough to share and have room left for dessert. Great place to stop or meet friend for a cup of coffee and pastry or muffin. If you need a special occasion dessert, their Lemon Cake is to die for.

Visited May 2013
Wisconsin
“Great deli”
Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

We were traveling through Anacortes and checked tripadvisor for a place to eat. This deli has a cute name and the food turned out to be great! I had the best quiche I think I ever had and my hubby had some delicious tomato soup! Wished it was near our home!!

Madison, South Dakota
“Tasty, affordable fare in a relatively pricy tourist town”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We were wandering through shops on Commercial Street when we decided we needed lunch. After examining a couple of menus from restaurants in "historic downtown" we realized we were definitely in tourist country since standard burgers required paragraph-long descriptions to justify their $15-20 prices. However, we saw there was a crowd at Gere-a-Deli and now we know why--very tasty sandwiches and other fare with ample-to-large portions at prices that enabled us to both eat for less than $20. In fact, had I known how big their Reuben sandwich was I would have opted for a half as my wife did with her turkey sandwich. Sure, you order at a counter rather than having a server take your order with a "hushed voice", but who really cares? The staff were friendly and the service was fast; can't ask for anything more!

West Allis, Wisconsin
“Bright and cheery”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stopped here for lunch. It took a minute to figure out how the system works. You order and then take a seat. Fun interior and nice soup, salad, sandwiches and dessert options. Very friendly service. Food was good. A great place for a quick bite. I wish I would have tried the brownie. I went for the cobbler and it was pretty tart.