“Very nice staff - LOTS of choices! FRESH fish!”

Tokyo Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 99 Restaurants in Anacortes
Reviewed December 23, 2016

BEST Crunchy Rolls, Caterpillar Rolls, great chicken dishes too. Tempura is a hit as well (variety of veggies and shrimp), not a bunch a fried taro like in some sushi houses! I try to go to this place about every 6 months when I'm in Anacortes. Very good deal for the money.

Date of visit: November 2016

Reviewed August 15, 2016

food was okay, but have had much better. Prices were reasonable, but you get what you pay for. Didn't appear overly clean, and atmosphere was standard little cage. Wasn't impressed.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed June 10, 2016

I'm always a bit nervous about trying sushi restaurants that I'm unfamiliar with but this was a great find. I didn't get his name but the young sushi chef was excellent! His rolls were great but he also went the extra mile in helping diners choose various dishes while he was working on orders. He mentioned that he gets his produce from a local co-op, which is great. Our waiter seemed to be new and a little overwhelmed so when the sushi chef noticed that our check had been sitting for a few minutes he came to our table and ran our credit card and made sure we had enjoyed our dinner. :)

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed May 23, 2016

I had the bulgogi and it was fantastic! I did expect hibachi, but I didn't see any on the menu when we got there. The miso soup and sushi were delish, especially the jalapeno crab sushi appetizer!! I definitely recommend

Date of visit: May 2016
Reviewed May 6, 2016

FRESH, beautifully-prepared sushi and a great price. It's on the main street and looks unassuming from the outside, but go inside! Lovely atmosphere, very polite waitstaff and just wonderful and beautiful sushi. They have every selection you can imagine too. Try something NEW! When we have time and are in Anacortes, we stop here for some sushi almost every time.

Date of visit: April 2016