“lodge”

Swinomish Casino & Lodge
Ranked #13 of 44 things to do in Anacortes
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Reviewed September 1, 2013

didn't dislike a thing!! great place.great casino.great food, and super clean and bright! great,helpful staff-they all seem to like their job and have a lot of pride!!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

There is a non-smoking area, but only slot machines were in that area. All the table games are in the smoking section. There was a large selection of 1 cent slots, but I only saw a few .25 cent and I did not see any dollar slots while I was there

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed one night here in a great room. Very clean, and still looks new. The casino action was fun, not crowded, and I even walked away a winner. They have table games, but on a Thursday night the craps table was too slow for me! The cafe closes early, and the food we ordered from the bar was average, not great.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed on the top floor in the corner suite. Wonderful suite with a balcony and great views! We loved watching the tide go in and out, as well as the sunsets and the fog. You could also see the automobile bridge and a really cool bridge for the train. The train only came through about once a day. It was neat to see how the bridge was put in place for the train and then moved back to allow for boat traffic. The living room had a sofa, coffee table, end table, chair, desk with chair, t.v. and wet bar with a lot of storage. It had sliding rippled glass windows that looked into the bath that could be opened and closed sort of like a shoji screen. It had a huge bathroom with a great oversized two headed shower and a jetted tub. (It would have been nicer if the tub was a two person.) It had double sinks and a separate toilet area, with a door. The bedroom area also had a t.v. and a closet with a wall of windows that opened to enjoy the views. The room is filled with Native American art created by the husband of one of the housekeeping staff. The housekeeping staff was very nice and the room was sparking clean. The hotel was overall clean and most of the staff were extremely pleasant. The only complaint I have would be that when we were checking in the rate was not the rate that I had confirmed on my reservation. I told the woman who was checking me in and I told her that I did have the reservation printed out in our vehicle. She told me that the rate was $10. more per night. She was talking on a headset the entire time to someone else and to another employee at the desk so my husband said we should just resolve it later. We never did and I did check the print out in our vehicle and I was correct about the price. It was the only thing that really ruined it for me. The gas station had fuel cheap and we did gamble on some of the machines. We even played Bingo. We met some nice people and only bumped into a rowdy bunch outside on our last night. We ate at two of the restaurants and I loved all of the amazing hanging baskets and landscaping. (Some of the flowers needed a bit more love, but they were working on it.) The air conditioning/thermostat in our room I think was just a prop, but it really was a great room! We enjoyed it! They also have RV accommodations.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

The casino is the usual with table games for gamblers and slot machines for the easily amused. The hotel is nice, but not luxurious by any means, but the amenities were a cut above the norm. It was a treat to have quality coffee in the room instead of the usual hotel swill. The staff were outstandingly courteous. The restaurants are also good. We settled for the buffet and were glad we did. It isn't extensive, but the selections, except for poorly made desserts, were great. They do the best prime rib I can remember and the shrimp were easily twice as big as the usual buffet shrimp. I can't speak to the RV park but it seemed well-patronized. A small store within easy walking distance was a big plus.

1  Thank Sungron