Open today: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great spa

Went here after hiking in the Cascades. The spa is in the Majestic Inn. Comfortable and relaxing... read more

Reviewed August 21, 2015
uyvu2001
Honolulu, United States
Queen treatment!!!

I am not a regular visitor to the spa but I was treated like a "Queen" when I visited. Because I... read more

Reviewed June 15, 2015
Gypsycombteasel
Clearlake , WA

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 31, 2019

Esthetician Lee practiced rudimentary facial techniques. I think her work was compromised by not having the proper equipment. No steam was applied to my face. No extractions were performed.
A neck and shoulder massage was advertised but not included in my treatment. The hand massage was minimal while the arm massage went on for a while.
A facial costing this amount in the SF Bay Area includes advanced facial massage techniques.
Also, after the added scalp massage the technician didn't resecure my hair in a towel or wrap. She continued to apply the product to my face and my hair fell into the product and was being dragged across my face. I'm clear she was not aware of this.
Further, there was not heated neck pillow placed under my neck. My daughter, Aurora was also dissatisfied with her massage. She asked the technicial to use medium pressure but experienced something more extreme. She winced and made sounds to let her therapist know she was uncomfortable but they were not heeded.
This visit was such a disappointment after so many great visits to the Apothecary Spa.

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed January 25, 2019 via mobile

I had a massage over the weekend after a really long week and a night on a friends couch. My neck and back were quite stiff. I trusted that Ruth would know what to do and to my surprise everything was perfect! It’s always a bit unnerving to have someone massaging you from head to toe but I was at complete ease, which is really rare for me. I had one of the best nights sleeps in recent memory after that and the steam room. I highly recommend asking for Ruth based on my experience: however in the waiting room after my massage everyone I spoke with swore that the person they used was the “best”! I may be biased based on my experience but I will be back!!!

Date of experience: January 2019
Reviewed September 6, 2017

We booked massages after a morning of kayaking. What a great decision. They worked out the kinks and contributed to our relaxing afternoon. Wonderful amenities. Clean, the staff was great.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed July 20, 2017 via mobile

Our ferry into Anacortes after a long bike trip around Vancouver Island was cancelled due to a non-working generator - out of our control. We were looking forward to this massage to end our honeymoon, and I even called to cancel letting them know our situation (knowing that they hold your cc online). They still charged us the $40 cancellation fee each. I'm quite disappointed that they couldn't waive the fee due to something out of our control (and we can't reschedule because we return home early the next day). I was looking forward to this place and returning here when we visit Anacortes again in November, but they just set precedent that their customer service is not worth my time.

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank alaskagal5
Reviewed January 14, 2017

Christina was fabulous with the Ageless Beauty Luxury Facial! My skin never felt better. She is friendly, professional, and very knowledgeable - the products she recommended were perfect for my skin! Will definitely return!

Date of experience: January 2017
Ben H, Owner at The Apothecary Spa, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2017

I will be sure to let Christina know how wonderful you are feeling. Thank you for your feedback and we are looking forward to seeing you again!