“I'll Be Back!”

Anacortes Kayak Tours
Ranked #1 of 15 Tours in Anacortes
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Anacortes Kayak Tours is a family owned and operated that offers fun and affordable sea kayaking trips in the San Juan Islands of Washington State. Our headquarters are in Anacortes, on Fidalgo Island, and we also offers tours departing from San Juan Island and Orcas Island. A variety of trips including Half Day tours, Full Day excursions, and Multi-Day adventures are available. No prior kayaking experience necessary. Join us!
Reviewed February 21, 2014

My family went to Anacortes for the day for a 2 hour kayak tour with the in-laws, and we all had a great time. Our guide was fantastic, and we had beautiful views. We stopped around an island with a deserted cove and explored like scouts. The kids loved it just as much as I did, it was a really fun day. Our guide was so experienced, too because she taught us what we could eat and which jellyfish were safe to touch.

Erik S, Owner at Anacortes Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Thanks Bella! I'm glad that you enjoyed your trip, and thanks also for posting that fun picture! Burrows Island is a fun place to explore, and I'm happy to hear that you folks got a little fast of that around the pocket beaches. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed November 24, 2013

What a great way to spend the day! My girlfriends and I were looking for a new adventure and sea kayaking was perfect. We found Anacortes Kayak Tours to be very well organized and thoughtful. They were fully prepared to handle our group of 10 ladies for a day trip around the islands. Our guide, Gary, was fabulous! He was very informative on the area, scenery, and wildlife. We will definitely be booking again for a multiple day trip!

Erik S, Owner at Anacortes Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thanks for the great review Laurie! I'm glad you and your girlfriends had fun out there with Gary, he's been such a great asset for our team.
We'd love to take you all out on an overnight trip next time, that would be a super fun trip for the guides too!! Give us a call!

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

My husband and i joined a 5 day trip with Anacortes Kayak Tours. We chose this trip because we like to kayak and wanted to experience the nature around San Juan islands. We loved the kayaking but the camp sites and food is also something we will remember. Beautiful sites and at night you could see the milky way and the stars reflecting on the sea. The food was exellent and we were amazed that our guide Alex(andra) could cook such meals far away from a kitchen.
Megan and Erik was very helpful answering questions before booking and joining the trip. We appriciated their focus on safety and felt very safe through out the trip.

We really appreciate that you took the time to write this nice review Lene, and it feels great that we met your expectations out there this summer! Alex really enjoyed that trip as well and had fun getting to know you both. Definitely stop by again if you are ever in the area!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

What allured us to Anacortes Kayak Tours (AKT) was their honesty and authenticity of what they could provide and what they couldn’t. We came equipped to experience the nature of the Sound, with promised visions of wildlife, not necessarily orcas, but the natural inhabitants of the area. We saw seals, although I did picture them camping on a rock, not poking their heads out and playing hide and seek with us. We saw amazing beautiful starfish, an eagle and scores of other water birds. I will say when they said we’d see wildlife, I was picturing more animals from SeaWorld and less of algae, other plant life and anemones. But that just reveals my ignorance of the Sound, not anything they promised.
We were on the overnight trip, which was just right for the shape we were in, and although we planned on a group tour, others in our group cancelled, so we ended up with just Jimmy and ourselves, a perfect 25th anniversary trip.
We also enjoyed the camping time on the island and the food was all and more that others talk about. We’d consider ourselves ‘foodies’ and seriously we ate better while camping then we did in neighboring restaurants. Jimmy was a great guide, knowing when to share his knowledge of the Sound, and when to let us just chill in the beauty of surroundings. We definitely want to make it a ‘family trip’ next summer and go for two nights to give us plenty of time on the island and to take shorter kayak trips.
The gear was in great shape, I was amazed how dry we were. We also lucked out with little to no rain the entire trip. Everything about the trip was professional and every time I drink from my AKT commuter coffee mug, I get a smile on my face!

1  Thank 855journeyWme855
Erik S, Owner at Anacortes Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Thanks for writing such a nice review of your trip with us! It is always great to hear from folks who appreciate the beauty of the "less popular" wildlife out here. We work hard to try and set reasonable expectations for our guests, and it is good to know that our efforts are paying off. There is WAY more to the kayaking experience out here in the San Juan Islands than just catching a glimpse of Orca whales, and if they are not in the San Juans (as was the case for much of the 2013 season) then there is still so much to see.

It's also good to know that you were happy with the meal plan. Megan works hard to ensure that everyone goes home "fat and happy", and our guides do an excellent job of preparing the food.

I hope that we can see you out here again some time. When you decide to have your "do-over" then definitely give us a call!
~Erik

Reviewed October 4, 2013

My girlfriend and I were looking for kayaking trip in the San Juans and so glad we came across Anacortes. Meghan was very helpful in answering our questions and helping us determine what kind of trip would work best for us. They were very accomodating on the departure time of our trip. JImmy was such an excellent guide. A very knowledgeable and all around nice guy. The islands were beautiful, the food was a step above anything we could have expected for camping out of a kayak and every detail was well covered. We had a great time! I would highly recommend Anacortes if you are looking for any type of kayak excursion in the San Juans.

Erik S, Owner at Anacortes Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thanks for the great feedback Shaun! I'm pleased to hear that we met your expectations and provided you and your girlfriend with a memorable experience. Sucia Island, and the rest of the Outer Islands are amazing places, we love to hear that our guests enjoy them as much as we do.
Please call us again if you want to explore more of the San Juan Islands, we would love to show you some of the other wonderful places that we visit!