“So much fun”

Anacortes Kayak Tours
Ranked #1 of 15 Tours in Anacortes
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Anacortes Kayak Tours is a family owned and operated that offers fun and affordable sea kayaking trips in the San Juan Islands of Washington State. Our headquarters are in Anacortes, on Fidalgo Island, and we also offers tours departing from San Juan Island and Orcas Island. A variety of trips including Half Day tours, Full Day excursions, and Multi-Day adventures are available. No prior kayaking experience necessary. Join us!
Reviewed October 20, 2012

My husband and I took a 5 hour tour in September 2012. Loved it. We lucked out too as it was a bit late in the season and it ended up just being us and the guide, Blake. He was great. We saw starfish, seals, porpoises and even a ray (although deceased unfortunately). We also got to hike up a bit to see the old lighthouse. It was an easy-going trip that anyone could take part in. I was very nervous ahead of time about the kayak overturning, but once I got in, I felt stable and secure. I would recommend this to anyone visiting. Five Stars!

3  Thank Jackie255VT
Erik S, Owner at Anacortes Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Thanks for the great review Jackie!
I remember Blake being pretty excited about that ray. It's not the sort of fish that we see very often on our tours. My guess is that a sea lion probably caught it and then abandoned it's meal for some reason.
Hopefully we will see you back here again some time, and thanks for choosing us!

There are newer reviews for Anacortes Kayak Tours

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We did a half day trip and thoroughly enjoyed it. We met the owner, Erik, while buying our tickets and had a great conversation with him. Our guide was knowledgeable and went over our instructions before getting us set up in our kayaks. After a short paddle through the marina, we entered the "open water". It was rougher than I would have liked but once we paddled to the shadow of the island it got much calmer. One of the boats had some rudder problems so another guide was dispatched to our group so we ended up with two guides for the leisurely paddle around the island. Overall, just a really nice way to spend an afternoon in the San Juans!

1  Thank elperro
Erik S, Owner at Anacortes Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2012

I am so happy that the trip worked out well, especially with the slightly bumpy water and the doggone rudder problem! Sometimes those are the trips that everyone remembers the most though, the less than ideal conditions create a more unique experience. Luckily that sort of thing is the exception rather than the norm.
I'm appreciative of our great guide staff and their willingness to jump in to help when needed. If I remember correctly it was Bryan who paddled out to accompany your trip and help Meg make the trip more enjoyable. You were in great hands!

Thanks for taking the time to write this review, and I hope to see you out with us again some time!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I only had 1 day (definitely wish we had more time) to see the San Juan Islands. We had heard about kayak tours in the area but most leave from Friday Harbor, which requires a ferry, very early in the morning. After reading some reviews on tripadvisor we decided to book the day tour with Anacortes. We had a small group with a great guide. I recommend the morning 5 hour tour over the half day because you will get to see more of the area. The morning is a better time to see wildlife and there is less boat traffic.

2  Thank Sara B

Thanks for the great review Sara!
I am so happy that you enjoyed the trip around Burrows Island. I agree that the 5 hour trip is great for the additional areas that we get to paddle into, and for the relaxed pace.
We'd love to show you even more of the area on your next trip out here, maybe on an overnight trip to Cypress Island? Give us a call!

Thanks again for your business and for taking the time to write this review, we really appreciate it.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

We went on a halfday kayak trip around Burrows Island with Blake as our guide and it was awesome. My husband and I are novices and were surprised to have had such a good experience. Blake had great knowledge of the area and plant and animal life. He was patient and very personable and made the trip memorable for us. We would, without hesitation, recommend this trip and company.

1  Thank Paula N
Erik S, Owner at Anacortes Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thanks Paula! We are so happy that you had a great time out there. And thanks so much for taking the time to write this review!
We only have a few weeks left before Blake heads home to South Carolina for the winter. Although we wish him the very best with his new opportunity making a career out of his talent for photography, we will miss him a lot (and so will our two little boys). He has been a welcome asset to our program and we hope that we can lure him back again!

We hope that we can show you some more of our area the next time that you are here!

Kindest Regards,
Erik

Reviewed September 2, 2012

The tide was high, there was little wildlife and it was cloudy and raining for our entire trip.... with all that against us, you would think we were doomed for a lousy trip. It was the complete opposite. Our tours was fantastic and our guide, Blake, was terrific! We had a great tour of Burrows Island. Our guide had good knowledge of the area and even included a stop at the lighthouse keepers residence. I would recommend this tour to anyone that wants to get away from the mass "whale watching" boats.

1  Thank Storm H
Erik S, Owner at Anacortes Kayak Tours, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

I am so glad that you enjoyed your trip Christina, and thank you so much for taking the time to post a review for us!
Blake is a fantastic guide and we really love having him on staff. He has a gift for turning "ordinary" trips into a truly rewarding experience. We will miss him when he goes back home to South Carolina after the season ends.
Definitely look us up if you are in the area again, we'd love to take you out on a sunny day!

Thanks again!