“Nice Hotel and a GREAT value”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Islands Inn

Islands Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Anacortes B&B and Inns
Austin, Texas
“Nice Hotel and a GREAT value”
Reviewed August 26, 2007

My family of 4 stayed here for 4 days during July and had a great time. The motel is not fancy but is very clean, comfortable and is a great value for the area. The furniture and decor in the room were dated but the beds were comfortable and furnishings were perfectly functional. The room also had a mini refrigerator but not a microwave. As noted in many other reviews, one of the best features of the hotel is the included Dutch breakfast that consists of a soft boiled egg served in an egg cup, a thin slice of ham, a slice of cheese, fresh baked bread, and coffee and tea. The waitress was very friendly and helpful. Check-in went smoothly and staff were very helpful when asked about area restaurants and events. There is a computer with free internet access and also a wireless "hotspot" in the lobby. They always have free coffee and tea available in the lobby area for guests. Several reviewers correctly noted that the small pool and hot tub are located in direct view of the restaurant. However, since the hotel only uses the restaurant for breakfast, this would only be an issue if you are swimming in the early morning. The hotel is located in Anacortes but not particularly close to the "downtown" area so you will need to drive about a mile to get to the popular shops and restaurants located in that area. However the drive is short and parking is free so this was not a big deal for us. I paid a total of $89.00 per night for my family of 4 to stay here. Considering we received a decently furnished and very clean room, free breakfast, free coffee and tea throughout the day, and good advice and service from the hotel staff, I would say that the Islands Inn is a great value for the price. I will stay here again when in Anacortes.

Stayed July 2007
3 Thank AustinMan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed August 18, 2007

Islands inn is a great place to stay in Anacortes ... near everything, nice pool and hot tub. Great help from front desk, excellent breakfast, nice rooms.

• Liked — breakfast
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
5 Thank env11ca
burlington vermont
Reviewed September 13, 2006

Having arrived in Anacortes spontaneously I asked and looked around and found the Islands Inn , choosing it because I was able to park in front of my room. The rooms were very clean. It isn't a brand new facility but then again the price was very reasonable for what I got: very sweet and helpful staff, a great nights sleep, and a tasty unique dutch style breakfast. Recommended for those on a budget who want a pleasant experience.

Stayed August 2006
4 Thank reson8ingheart
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed August 10, 2006

We decided to make a last minute trip to Anacortes but found most of the hotels had no vacancies or cost more than we cared to pay for a last minute trip. When I called Islands Inn, I was told that there was one room available but it was a smoking room. Because the clerk was so helpful and friendly, I decided to go ahead and take the room. I was dreading the smell of second hand smoke in the room but it really wasn't very noticeable. What was noticeable was the fact that the room was very clean despite the fact that it is an older hotel and was reasonable in price. In fact, it was cleaner than some hotels I've stayed in that cost a lot more.

I was very impressed with the staff's friendliness and helpfulness. A complimentary Dutchbreakfast is served along with the daily newspaper. Although the menu is limited to an egg, excellent homemade bread, chocolate sprinkles (which you put on buttered bread in Dutch tradition) and ham and cheese, it was certainly a great way to start the day.

It was a very hot weekend, and I was happy to see that the hotel had air-conditioning (and a fireplace... we chose not to use the fireplace on this trip <g>). We noticed that some of the other hotels did not have air-conditioning and were very thankful that Islands Inn had one that worked well.

We did not have a view of the bay but some of the other rooms do. However, all we had to do was walk outside and we could watch the ships in the bay. The pool and jacuzzi were very clean.

I loved Anacortes and plan to visit again. I will definitely stay at the Islands Inn when I do.

6 Thank rosiestar
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 30, 2005

Very basic motel. Rooms very old, not overly clean and desperately in need of new furnishings. The breakfast was very nice. The staff were friendly and helpful. The pool and spa were clean although as someone else said, they were overlooked by the restaurant and bar so you had an audience while swimming.
I did like the bed that folded into the wall in the front room, meaning we could put the children to bed in the twins in the bedroom and spend the evening in a seperate room with a sofa.
I dont think this motel represented value for money and I think its website over-represents it.

• Stayed July 2005
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Anacortes hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed February 20, 2005

I love staying at Islands Inn. As a repeat customer I can tell you that it is safe, clean and comfortable, and their sit-down dutch b-feast is to die for! Yummy, hot bread with a soft boiled egg, ham, cheese even chocolate sprinkles! Really the friendliest staff and I recommend this hotel to anyone that will be passing through Anacortes.

11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
The NW
Reviewed August 16, 2004

Had reservations here for 4 days. Got there and found the pool and hot tub are the main view from their restaurant. If you don't want to be watched while you swim or relax, don't go here. Plus, got all the way down to the hot tub for a soak and it was broken down. No one told us although it had been down for over a week. Stood in a foot of water in the shower as the drain had never been cleaned out. The room wasn't clean and the maids don't care either. I checked out and luckily got a great room some place else that cost me less money. The Islands Inn is overpriced and truly doesn't care for the comfort of their customers.

• Stayed August 2004