Anacortes Inn(Anacortes)
$115
Anaco Bay Inn(Anacortes)(Great Value!)
$170
$186
San Juan Motel(Anacortes)
$62
$115
The Marina Inn(Anacortes)(Great Value!)
$134
$245
Sunrise Inn Villas And Suites(Anacortes)(Great Value!)
$135
All reviewshotel breakfastyogurthard boiled eggswould stay here againan older hotelgood nights sleepcommercial streetcatch the ferrybed was comfortablesan juan islandsa great place to stayfriday harborlarge roomminute driveearly ferryfireplacerates
Reviewed January 21, 2012

This is a very nice, clean motel. Staff were friendly and helpful. It's a bit far from the downtown but there seemed to be a nice restaurant onsite. We had a drink there but other people's food looked lovely and they seemed to be enjoying it.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank NikkiandAndy
Reviewed November 14, 2011

Being from the San Juan Islands just a Ferry ride away I have had the opportunity to stay at several of the hotels in Anacortes (Alas, one doesn't always catch the last Ferry home!) and I have to say that the Islands Inn is my choice for a play to stay! Since Anacortes is on the "tourist route" most hotels are very expensive but this property has extremely good rates and you will save a bundle of bucks.

I have stayed here several times over the last few years and have watched it change ... always for the better. Bela, the owner, is a wonderful host and puts a nice finishing touch on anybody's stay. The last time I stayed here was as I was returning from a trip to Panama, so I will address that stay in this review.

SERVICE: In one word: wonderful! Coming back from Colon, Panama I arrived in Anacortes after midnight and was planning just to hang around the ferry terminal until the early ferry, but it was very cold, raining, and blowing. So I decided to call the Islands Inn and Bela to see if I could get a room. Despite the late hour she came over from her home nearby and warmly greeted me despite the fact that I must have been quite the sight with my bedraggled, worn, and exhausted appearance and my large burden of luggage. Best of all she happily set me up in my favorite room! The next morning, after a late breakfast, she arranged for her son to take me and my 'collection' to the ferry terminal at no cost so I could finally complete my journey home! (I did give him a good tip and told him not to spend it all on wild women. LOL) Such service! FIVE STARS *****

VALUE: You get more than you pay for here, so: And if you are an Island resident you get a discount on your room rate! 4 STARS ****

SLEEP QUALITY: Pretty darn good overall. The beds are very comfortable and make a good night rest a sure thing. But shy away from the rooms on the very ends of the building since you get a lot of road noise in them. And as in any hotel: the 2nd floor rooms are quieter. 4 STARS ****

CLEANLINESS: Everytime I've stayed here it has been very clean. Absolutely no complaints. FIVE STARS *****

LOCATION: The hotel is located on the very south end of town which means you have to drive to go dine or hit any of the tourist traps, but it is really no big deal. It is still well located for anything that you need to do. It is easy to find as you enter town. FOUR STARS ****

ROOMS: The rooms I have stayed in were very nice for the money. Well decorated and clean. Bathrooms are nicely done and contain a wide variety of excellent toiletries. Nice TVs. There are 4 types of rooms available: Standard (2 queens), Family (3 queens), Fireplace (1 king and fireplace), and the 'Executive Suite' ( 1 king, fireplace, and jaccuzzi tub). Having stayed in both the Standard rooms and the Fireplace rooms (which cost exactly the same) my choice is definately the Fireplace room! The Standard rooms are a little more basic and I don't prefer them. FOUR STARS ****

BREAKFAST: Bela's breakfasts are wonderful and well presented! Nothing fancy mind you ... just very good and an excellent way to start the day! I just love the little 'chicken cozies' for the eggs! FIVE STARS *****

Be aware that the exterior of the building looks like it is stuck back in the 60's ... waaaay back. This might cause some folks to worry ...but don't let that put you off. Take a look at one of the Fireplace rooms and you will be sold for sure! (One sleeps IN the rooms ... not outside them! lol)

I think that my favorite part about this property is that it still has a few Smoking rooms. (or did) For those of us that are totally sick and tired of being banished out into the "leper colony" with the rain, wind, and cold just to have a cigarette: then this is the Hotel for us!!!!! Sit back in the arm chair with a pipe, a snifter of cognac, and watch Masterpiece Theater on PBS!

(For those that don't smoke you've still got the other 32 'smoke-free' rooms to choose from!)

Also I am glad to hear that Bela has finally got her "Wine Bar" up and running! She has been wanting to do that for years. Next time I head to the Mainland I will definately stop by for a nibble and support her latest endeavor.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the very outer ends of the building due to traffic noise.
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo
9  Thank orioncreative
Reviewed September 6, 2011

not a B&B, and "inn" sounds too quaint and cute for a bona fide motel. I stayed here when my flight was cancelled and I needed a place quickly. I was stuck with a smoking room as a result, but the staff was very friendly and the breakfast was ok. Was glad there was a computer in the lobby. Didn't get to check out the pool or hot tub. The cop cars swarming the house across the street made me wonder about safety, but maybe it was a fluke. I've never seen a room with a fireplace for under $100 though, so if I went back it'd only be in the winter when that and the hot tub would be appealing.

Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We stayed at the Island's Inn on Commercial street for one night and caught the ferry to Sidney, BC the next morning. The rooms are clean and very serviceable. There is a wine bar and cafe, but we didn't use it. We had to leave shortly after 7AM to catch the ferry, and their continental breakfast didn't start til 7:00, so missed out on that. Would be nice if it started about half an hour earlier :) . The lady at the front desk was very pleasant and helpful. Not a fancy place, but definitely would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank idaho48
Reviewed August 23, 2011

I don't think it was dirty, but it didn't feel very clean,. I think just because everything was so outdated. Our balcony view was of a refinery. The lighting very dim and drabby. They type of place where I felt like i needed to wear my flip flops to walk around the room. It was just an ok place to spend the night if you are traveling to your next destination, and it isn't necessarily your true 'vacation' inn. It was nice that the continental breakfast was included. But I wouldn't go back. Also, I don't think my room was vacuumed because there was white dog hair all over the floor.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple