“Perfect location for the ferry!”

Anacortes Ship Harbor Inn
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Reviewed December 30, 2009

Large, clean room and enormous bathroom, parking next to unit, very friendly check-in, great restaurant recommendation, at the very entrance to the ferry. Breakfast is adequate, and opens at 7:00 a.m. Good view from the porch, quiet location, easy-to-use internet connection.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Anacortes Ship Harbor Inn

Reviewed November 22, 2009

I have traveled to many places and stayed in a number of hotels. I like the fact that Ship Harbor Inn is located by the ferry terminal. This is a perfect little get away place and I plan on coming back. The staff go out of their way to ensure each guest is pleased. I didn't have a car and one of the front desk staff went to the store and purchased my items on her own time off. It was clean and refreshing with a rugged feel. The view was great and the fact that you can walk to Washington State park added to our vacation. Personally, after reading some other reviews posted I find that some people should not leave their home if they are going to complain about everything after already being in a bad mood. I have stayed at hotels that are $500.00 a night and would choose Ship Harbor Inn over them any day.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Very disappointed. Great website, but the property does not match the quality of the website. Don't count on a view, its there but disappointing. I got a room with a fireplace, that was a joke, it sat in the corner and looks like a Walmart product for less then $100. Don't waste your money. The towels appeared nice but the quality was very poor. I have found better quality towels at my YMCA. I checked in around 7:15 pm, the office closed 30 seconds after that. Free Internet, not made available to me. Free breakfast? Not sure, it looked like something was set up in a garage two building down as I drove out, but no one said anything to me about that. Nothing in the room tells you what is going on, a simple one page document could have had the access code for the Internet, described the breakfast arrangement and maybe a list of TV channels. Did I say no one was in the office? I would not stay here again and would not recommend.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank sprucetrader
Reviewed October 6, 2009

We stayed at Ship Harbor Inn on September 21, 2009, for the purpose of being close to the ferry the next morning. The ferry dock is just down the hill from the inn. The grounds are well kept and our room was adequate, but nothing special. It had a 1970s feel, but was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was adquate, but not remarkable. If in the area again, we would return.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2009

I was extra picky the night I stayed here, since I'd stayed at such a great place in the area the previous night (the LaConner Channel Lodge), which cost less than my night at the Ship Harbor Inn.

The hotel's booking system let me book a Queen room, but I got a phone call the next day telling me that someone else had booked the last Queen by phone previous to my internet booking, so I could book a King if I wanted. I let the caller know I would be very unhappy if I didn't have a room after completing an online booking and was certainly not going to pay extra for an upgrade. Since the manager wasn't available I was told me they'd get back to me. Eventually they did, letting me know I'd been given the King room. Why I had to be involved at all in this confusion is unclear.

Arrival at the hotel was the first let-down, since the hotel sign and initial lane-way is so poorly designed it's almost certain you will miss it and have to take another lane-way (without signage). The office is poorly marked and the grounds are poorly landscaped.

Our unit, with front porch, faced the water, which appeared to be at least a mile away and was mostly obscured by trees. So much for the "dazzling" and "slendid" water view. We were, however, able to very clearly see numerous people passing within a few feet of our "private porch" as they walked or drove by in their cars (looking for the poorly marked office).

I'm not sure where the photo featured prominently of the website of the couple enjoying glasses of wine in adirondack chairs was taken, but it certainly wasn't anywhere near my room.

This place has all the pretension of a "fancy" hotel, without any attention to detail. The strongly-scented (cheap air freshener?) King room was large with a large whirlpool bath featured along one wall. As a woman of a certain age (and size) I would never consider taking a bath in the middle of a room like this, so this feature was a minus for me, as was the fireplace and double shower in the bathroom.

I would certainly not call the room "stylishly decorated " or "tastefully appointed". The furniture was shoddy and the kitchen unnecessary for our purposes. The shower was so poorly designed it was impossible to keep the floor from getting soaked even during a solo shower. The towels were small and shoddy, and the toiletries of very poor quality (I've had better at a Holiday Inn).

The restaurant "a short stroll down the road" is out of business, so it's necessary to drive miles into town for a meal.

Breakfast the next morning in the depressing breakfast room was awful: no cream for the terrible coffee and mediocre bread and (factory) baked goods. The "fresh fruit" was certainly not local nor was it appetizing. No sign of the advertised waffles. Once again I've seen better breakfasts at Holiday Inn. In the end we passed on this so-called "expanded continental breakfast" and hit Starbucks on our way out of town.

I recommend the management of the Ship Harbor Inn check into the LaConner Channel Lodge for a night and prepare to take numerous notes.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shessopicky
Reviewed July 5, 2009

We visited Anacortes at the end of the North Cascade Loop. The Ship Harbor is close to the ferry that goes to B.C. so it's convenient if that is the ONLY thing you need. Our room could have used a renovation and smelled moldy. The front office staff had little knowledge of the area and could NOT recommend a restaurant in town. No restaurants are close to the Inn and you have to drive into town for everything. Breakfast is buffet-style and served in a small room. Nothing great. Coffee was terrible. I would stay at the Fidalgo Inn if we ever return to Anacortes.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank ACEinCanada
Reviewed June 9, 2009

The Ship Harbor Inn is just a few hundred yards from the entrance point for the ferry at Anacortes so it seemed to be ideal for a one night stay for us to catch an early ferry. When I first saw the motel I thought we'd made a mistake but we were pleasantly surprised. We stayed in the Captain's Suite which was large, updated and had a microwave and small refrigerator. There was a balcony which had a view of the harbor - it was very nice. There is apparently a breakfast but I told the person at the front desk that we needed to catch a ferry before breakfast. She then offered to fix us a sack breakfast - a very nice offer but we declined. If we ever want to go to the San Juan islands on an early morning ferry again, this is where we will stay. The only downside is there isn't a place to eat nearby but we made our way a couple of miles east to Commercial Ave where there are plenty of places to eat - we stopped at The Marketplace, a very nice grocery store that made sanwiches to order. We took our sanwiches back to the room and ate them on the balcony while we enjoyed the view of the harbor.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple