“perfect ferry stopover.”

Fidalgo Country Inn
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Reviewed July 17, 2014

Spent the night here prior to taking the ferry to San Juan Island. Room was clean and bed was comfortable. There can be quite a bit of traffic on highway heading to ferry, but surprisingly the noise was not an issue. They did have a continental breakfast included with our stay. There were no hot items, but many other items to eat. Had a microwave and toaster.

Room did have a refrigerator so one could buy a few staples to take to islands.

Hotel is about 7 miles from the ferry. There are other hotels closer, but the drive was easy and the price of the room was a good value. There were plenty of gas stations to fill up at on the way to ferry. Safeway had best price when we were there.

Girl at front desk told us to allow 1 hour for ferry wait. (we were taking ferry on a monday). Since we'd never done it before, we went 2 hours ahead and were among the first to arrive. It made for a long wait, but it was interesting seeing the ferries etc. Plenty of restrooms and food to eat while waiting.

Hotel offered excursions. i.e. whale watching etc. Next visit may consider booking here versus San Juan in that taking the ferry can absorb a lot of your time for a shorter visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CaliforniaBliss

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Booked a room here online after searching for a reasonable place to stay on the 4th. The hotel is only a few minutes by car from Anacortes, and is at the intersection of the road that leads south to Deception Pass park. The nearby highway is busy, but the noise is almost unnoticed when in the room.

Every hotel I found in Anacortes doubled their rates on the 4th. This hotel did not play that game. The rate advertised on the website was the same as any other day.

Based on the rate, I was expecting some type of problem. However, the woman at check-in was friendly and able to pull up my reservation instantly. We took our things to our room, and were surprised to find 2 real queen beds in a large, clean room that was free from any strange odors. The room was quiet and comfortable.

The room had A/C and a large flat screen TV with plenty of options.

Continental breakfast consisted of basic rolls, cereals, pop-tarts, muffins, yogurt, juice, coffee, etc.

The hotel also had an outdoor pool, but did not use it.

Room Tip: Review based on 2nd floor room that faced the highway.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tom M
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We usually stay right in Anacortes, but there was no room. Our next choice was the Fidalgo Country Inn.
Though showing a little wear, the room was clean and quiet. The desk staff made the stay wonderful. They were accommodating, pleasant, and informed about the area.
Breakfast was good.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank terrymarie
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Stayed in the King Suite again! My Sisters and I love staying here on our annual trip to the Tulip Festival. This year we stayed in a different Kings Suite--which we liked even better because of the layout of room(228)! Loved the garden Tub, the balcony, big comfortable bed! I recommend this hotel and the King Suites for a romantic get away for couples! Thanks for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank archerygal
Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed here. It is very clean, good beds and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Not to mention the reasonable rates. The new owners had just arrived on our first stay. They have done a lot of work in a short time. Close to La Connor and the tulips , Anacortes, and a nice casino. Just wish the breakfast was available a little later. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank vivalasvagas
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Spent the night here...very pleasant surprise,clean rooms,comfortable beds,continental breakfast in am,friendly front desk personnel. Great value for the money. Did not have reservations but would definately suggest them in the summer months

Room Tip: No view rooms but all seem to be clean and comfortable
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Elaine O
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I stayed here a couple of years ago and it would have received a 3 rating from me then. Big sign says "new management", hoping they were making improvements so it would be a four or five. I stayed here one night about a week ago. Arrived kinda late, went straight to bed. At 5am someone with a key, that worked, tried to get into my room. Luckily I had the little flip thingy locked. Of course after such a rude awakening, I was up, too early, but when I checked out the girl at the desk apologized and said her records didnt show anyone in that room AND she seemed genuinely apologetic. Forgiven. I wasnt happy but didnt leave a review on the intent of giving them another opportunity. The rooms are spacious even with a king bed. The rooms have no odors, like perfumes covering pets or smoke and no funky moldy smell like a lot of places in the Pacific Northwest so thats a plus. Beds are super comfy and furnishings are relatively update. HOWEVER. I got in late, once again, flipped on light in bathroom and there was a hair on the toilet seat and the blue cleaning solution had obviously been sprayed under the rim and then left. There were dried rivulets demonstrating a brush had never hit the bowl and with the additional hair I wondered if the seat had been sanitized. I wiped the seat off myself, used it and went to bed. Slept well and slept in. I went to brush my teeth and noticed the sink outside the bathroom (there are two sinks in this particular room) was full of hair (see pics). They were black, I'm red and hadnt been near this sink. Decided to use the sink in the bathroom and there is dried toothpaste on it. Now I have to wonder if my sheets were changed and when I opened the fridge I wondered how many other dirty hands having done no telling what had handled this fridge door without washing and if they arent adequately cleaning the toilet theres no way its crossing their mind to sanitize hand contact surfaces that arent readily in their face. Ironically I had counted out some of my change to leave about a $3.47 tip for the housekeeping when I first got up (unloading my bag for an upcoming flight) that all went back in my bag. If you dont mind staying in a comfy bed that may be dirty, feel free to stay here. I spend 30-60 nights per year here in anacortes and I'll spend a little extra to get a place where I get an overall sense of cleanliness. I wont be back to the Fidalgo Country Inn but hope they use this information to improve their housekeeping staff or their abilities.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank posibility409
Bob D, Manager at Fidalgo Country Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Guest, thank you for business and we are very sorry to hear that you were dissatisfied with our housekeeping. We strive to do our best that everyone is satisfied and comfortable during the
entire duration of your stay. However during your week long stay with us you had the DO NOT DISTURB sign on your door, our policy is that when our guests have pets in their rooms and have
the do not disturb sign up we will not enter your room for any reason what so ever. We would love
for you to return to our hotel in the near future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacortes
The Marina Inn
#1 of 10 in Anacortes
The Wild Iris Inn
The Wild Iris Inn
#1 of 4 in La Conner

Been to Fidalgo Country Inn? Share your experiences!