“How is this rated 4.5/5!?”
Review of Anaco Bay Inn

Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

The only conclusion I could come to is that people are leaving reviews on this site but stayed elsewhere and we're mixed up. OR, maybe folks have lower standards than me. We stayed in room 205. It was quiet and clean with a lot of space. Everything is VERY outdated. The furniture didn't flow with the layout of the room. In the dining area, a little dresser was tucked into what seemed to be a closet nook. There was a TV mount on the wall with out a TV. That seemed really odd. In the kitchenette/living area, the couch and coffee table needed to be moved to an entirely different area (not sure where) to get the Murphy bed out. I don't know the condition of that bed because my mom and I decided to share the one bed. Neither of us were brave enough to peek inside! In the bedroom the TV cabinet took up a large space so the door couldn't open all the way. This was odd considering the TV wasn't that large. My advice to anyone looking for a place to stay in Anacortes: if you are looking for an experience and ambiance, I'm sure you could find something better. If you are looking for an inexpensive, clean place to crash at the end of a long day, stay here.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
AnacoBayInn, Manager at Anaco Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Erin M,

Thank you for giving us you opinion for your stay. I have to admit the room you stayed in is set up a little bit differently (especially with the Murphy bed), but to be scared by it? Clean and quiet are our bywords. I do have to disagree that other people have lower standards then you; you just might have been looking for something different. Maybe a place like the Majestic? We may not have the ambiance you might have been looking for but you just can't find a place cleaner or quieter for our reasonable prices. Thank you again for your constructive criticism, we rely on thoughtful and helpful comments like yours to make the Anaco Bay Inn the best experience we can.

Your "I'm listening" Manager,
Daniel Romero,

Reviewed March 23, 2014

The hotel is close to hiking, beach combing, kayaking, etc. The town of Anacortes is really neat, with fun shops and great eateries. The staff were very helpful, the room was a good size and the king bed was nice and firm - important since my husband has had back surgery. We LOVED the Jacuzzi tub! Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LoewenSurrey_BC
AnacoBayInn, Manager at Anaco Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2014

LoewenSurrey_BC,

Thank you so much for your kind words. Being in a central location in the pacific northwest is one of the best things about our hotel. My personal favorite is the Jacuzzi too, I absolutely love it. Thank you again for taking the time to drop by and spreading the word!

Your Jacuzzi-Loving Manager,

Reviewed March 12, 2014

Find this hotel from expedia.com.Just what we expect from this place.we will recomended traveler to go expedia for great rates for Anaco bay inn.
front enterence is very charming. lady at front desk welcome like a family member.we get 202 room which is huge.
Fireplace is very touchy for great stay with a kithen on side.
over all our stay is very sucessfull we will we back again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
AnacoBayInn, Manager at Anaco Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Fireplace is very touchy for great stay with a kithen on side.
over all our stay is very sucessfull we will we back again.

Mike I,

Here at the Anaco Bay Inn we always want you to feel like a favorite second cousin when you visit. That you felt like family warms each and every one of our hearts. Thank you again for the kind words and we will see you again at the Anaco Bay Inn.

Your Morther's, Mother's, Dauther's, Son's Hotel Manager,

Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed in 211 the honeymoon suite and I couldn't have asked for a better room to celebrate our anniversary! The managers are so helpful and even let us check in to our room at 7:45am with no early check in fee. It was an all around awesome trip and we will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
AnacoBayInn, Manager at Anaco Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2014

Michelle E,

I'm glad you enjoyed our Honeymoon Suite. It's the prefect room to celebrate all your special days from anniversaries, to birthdays, to actually honeymoons! Here at the Anaco Bay Inn we try to be as helpful as possible and meeting you request was our pleasure. Thank you again for staying here at the Anaco Bay Inn.

Your Helpful Manager,

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Trip to anacortes is very romantic last week .stay away from home and work. peace of mind and enjoy with my girfriend. we stay at Anaco bayinn which is very charming place.

manager is very friendly with a smile on face all the time.they also have hottub which is very nice.rooms are very huge with fireplace which is my favorate.my girlfriend enjoy the cofee in morning with pancakes.almost stay is very romantic.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

David I,

Thank you so much for you kind words. Here at the Anaco Bay Inn we strive for a for a charming and relaxing stay for each of our guest. The well appointed hot tub and scrumptious breakfast are just the icing on the cake and we are glad you appreciated it David I.

Smiley-Faced Manager,

Reviewed November 24, 2013

I was disappointed by the room amenities and old style. It was far from classy, just old and worn. I expected a classy northwestern charm of a local inn. The front desk help was good and the inn location good but not what I would recommend. Fair deal for the price.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Over all, it was a most pleasant stay. I especially want to state that BK, the front deal clerk was ever so helpful and charming. She smiles a lot, which shows she enjoys what she does. Must mention the nice breakfast too. I plan on staying there more frequently this fall. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
AnacoBayInn, Manager at Anaco Bay Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thankyou for taking a time to write a review on tripadvisor.Our staff always welcome our guest with a smile.Glad you enjoy our different variety of breakfast and pleasent stay at our inn. Love to seeing you again in fall.

Thankyou again

Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacortes
The Marina Inn
#7 of 10 in Anacortes
La Conner Channel Lodge
La Conner Channel Lodge
#2 of 4 in La Conner

Been to Anaco Bay Inn? Share your experiences!