“Great Weekend Trip”
Review of Anaco Bay Inn

Anaco Bay Inn
Ranked #6 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Reviewed May 17, 2012

My girlfriend and I took a trip to the islands last minute, and ended up at Anaco Bay Inn. Without a reservation, they were friendly and gracious and did everything they could to accommodate us. The complimentary breakfast was a great addition as well. And the hot tub with the view was amazing! They were very helpful in helping us plan out the rest of our weekend. Great Experience!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank John Anthony S

Reviewed April 29, 2012

Come through Anacortes twice each year. My first stay at this location was excellent. Very spacious, clean, room with helpful staff. Fireplace in bedroom suites is comforting and warm.

Breakfast though not out of this world was completely adequate. Free newspaper is a nice touch.

• Stayed: April 2012
5  Thank carlsbad4life
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We arrived as a group of 17 women to stay here for 2 nights. The rooms are spacious, well appointed, and the beds are comfortable. We even had a hospitality suite where we gather each night for wine/cheese and discuss where to eat. Marty was very helpful, and recommended Anthony's for dinner...you will not be disappointed. A beautiful setting on the water, and the food was very good. We went to La Connor for the Tulips, saw fields just coming into bloom. Overall, a very pleasant experience, and definitely would stay here again. Suzanne Stewart, Victoria, B.C.

Room Tip: I like room 206 on the second floor. I forgot to mention they do an amazing continental breakfast wh...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
9  Thank suzanne s
Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is the second time my wife and I have stayed at the Anaco Inn. The first visit was 5 years ago and not much has changed. The building is old and beginning to look tired--it is definitely in need of a facelift. The rooms are clean, include a kitchen, gas fireplace, and a very comfortable queen size bed. We were assigned a room on the main floor close to the front desk. The down side to this location is the door to the office slamming shut each time someone goes in or out. It also sounded like the people in the room above us were moving furniture around between 1:00 and 3:00AM. Continental breakfast was okay but limited. I don't believe we would return a third time.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hawleydaze
Reviewed March 28, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Anaco Bay Inn over a weekend recently and were pleasantly surprised. We paid $81 and I'm pretty sure we couldn't have matched the value for money anywhere else. The room is, admittedly, a bit dated and the hotel clearly used to be an old folks home. However, we had one of the rooms with a jetted tub which had more than enough space for the two of us. We had no problems with noise and also had a fireplace in the room. Overall, can't beat it for $81. Yeah, it isn't the Ritz but you're not paying $$300 either. One last point: the front desk attendant was super helpful and really welcoming.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank canuckfan1976
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We got the honeymoon suite and were not disappointed. Loved the fireplace and jacuzzi, but the hotel hot tub is so impressive as well: gorgeous mountain views from it across water.

Staff, room, beds, location all impressive.

• Stayed: March 2012
9  Thank gobige
Reviewed February 19, 2012

The room was more tired than me...

I booked this hotel as it had fairly decent reviews, but ultimately I was more than disappointed. The room promised a lot. A king bed, a jetted tub, and a fridge and a microwave. I was set for the weekend. Oh how sad I would be.

The jetted tub had a few too many hairs to be usable. I knew it hadn't been cleaned properly. And that led me to examine the bed in a little more detail. The mattress was so soft it should have been replaced years ago - which brings me on to the sheets. The sheets were so old that they had no seams - just frayed edges. Oh dear!

Needless to say, it was a wonderful night's sleep. But wait, there's more. The room also promised a fridge and a microwave, so I had brought a few things to eat. The mini-fridge was balanced on a small table and the microwave was balanced on the fridge that was balanced on the table. Hmmm.

Still, a nice morning coffee would be nice. Oh dear, only decaf was on offer - and in a leaking coffee-maker. All in all, not a wonderful night's experience after all.

We won't be returning...

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jcx27
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacortes
The Marina Inn
#7 of 10 in Anacortes
La Conner Channel Lodge
La Conner Channel Lodge
#2 of 4 in La Conner

Been to Anaco Bay Inn? Share your experiences!