“Dec stay at Swinomish Casino & Lodge”

Swinomish Casino & Lodge
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Maple Ridge, Canada
“Dec stay at Swinomish Casino & Lodge”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed here for two nights between Christmas & New Years, great stay. This is probably the cleanest hotel we have stayed in. The rooms are very well appointed, comfortable as well as quiet. Although not mentioned on their website a pleasant surprise in the room was a good size refrigerator (hidden in the cabinet under the TV) plus in room coffee. The complimentary coffee in the lobby is well worth the elevator trip. All the staff were very personable, smiles and greetings were very quick, in all the resort's areas.
Great food in the sprts bar. The buffet is a bit small but the quality of the food more than makes up for this.
The casino is kept extremly clean and has a large non-smoking area.
We are already planning our next visit.
While the resort is about 10 miles off I5 it has good access to shopping and attractions. A very short drive to La Conner, Annacortez, and the outlet mall in Mount Veron.

Room Tip: I don't think they have a bad room. We had a bay view room with a fantastic view of Padilla Bay...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Everett, Washington
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We were pleasantly surprised by the hotel. We are non-smokers and had some reservations about staying in a "casino" hotel. All the rooms were non-smoking and very large and comfortable. Loved the walk in shower. The staff was pleasant and accommodating. We needed some extra towels and they were delivered promptly. The only downside was the fact that the cigarette smoke was bothersome to us when walking into the casino to get to the dining area.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My mom, sister, and I stayed here in the spring for a girls shopping weekend and we came back for a fall shopping weekend. Room was nice. 2 queens and were upgraded to a bay view. No tub tho, only a shower which was a little disappointing. Went to ask about a room with a tub and they were out for the night! After a day of hard core shopping a soak int he tub would have been nice! The room was super cold when we checked in but we cranked the heat and it was toasty all night! Dinner at the sports bar was ok! Nothing to great about the food. The only one that was successful at the slots was a $100 bonus. Kind of a disappointment! Check in/out was fine. The valet took a few minutes when departing but not a big deal. I will return for sure but really hoping they upgrade the motel with a pool and spa!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed December 14, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nites and really loved it......super comfy beds and I am a pain when it comes to my bed!!!......13 moons restaurant was excellent!!!!!....crab mac and cheese.....yumm-o.........everyone very nice and friendly..wonderful service from Michelle and Cheryle!!!!!!......crab cakes were mostly crab not lots of filler!!!!!!....going back again

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank yvonne h
kirkland, wa
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Have stayed here a few times. Rooms are nice. Like that they have tons of tv channels to watch when you need a break from the casino. We had a suite with a big balcony, huge double headed shower and jacuzi tub.

Just wanted to add that on our last stay, we tried checking in early and was told that no rooms were ready, that they would call my cell phone when it was ready. After quite some time and no call, i go to the front desk to inquire. Our room was ready. I was a bit frustrated considering my husband wasnt feeling 100% and was told that they would call. I dont feel like they were very apologetic about the situation either. I guess thats to be expected when there are 20 year olds working at the desk.

Our food order was also wrong at the sports bar. Discovered this after i had already gotten up to my room. This is the second time this has happened. The deli is gross so dont eat there.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Oak Harbor, Washington
Reviewed November 29, 2013

We stayed a the RV Park in our 5th wheel over the Thanksgiving Holiday. I was disappointed that they were not offering the 2 for 1 stay package as they have in the past and that although I am a Players Club Member and retired military I could not get a discount. The pull through site we had was fine with 50A power, but our water faucet was leaking when I arrived and created a lake on that side of the rig. The maintenance staff did get it fixed and the water finally subsided a day later.

We ate Thanksgiving dinner at the 2 Salmon Café and the food was very, very good. Moist turkey, tasty ham and all of the sides were very good.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
vancouver
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I gave Swinomish Lodge a return visit to try one more stay to see if they could undo the upset I had back in August. That upset I posted on this trip advisor site. It was concerning the long wait we had to endure to get our room especially when I requested early arrival, as I am disabled. Mr. Dallas Widmark, General Manager replied to that review and advised me next visit I should get in touch with him and he would insure everything would be much improved. True to his word everything was very much improved, I had my room by 1:00 p.m. that was very much appreciated, I was able to lie down and rest in this view room, before enjoying this beautiful lodge. I then sat in a comfortable chair by the window in our room to enjoy the view of the bay with my binoculars, we also had a balcony. After resting I tried my luck and then we had a nice lunch at their deli. Will I be back, you bet especially in the summer, that way after resting I hope to walk around the grounds that meet up with water and watch the boats coming and going from the channel.

Room Tip: Get the water view, a balcony is also nice in the summer.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacortes
Anacortes Ship Harbor Inn
#7 of 10 in Anacortes
La Conner Channel Lodge
La Conner Channel Lodge
#3 of 4 in La Conner

Been to Swinomish Casino & Lodge? Share your experiences!