“Terrible food - nice hotel”

Swinomish Casino & Lodge
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Chilliwack, Canada
“Terrible food - nice hotel”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

As someone who likes the Casino and Hotel we recommended some of our friends join us for a couple of nights. We stayed there from August 21-23 and had three rooms. The first night we went to the buffet for dinner and I have to say it was the worst food I have had in a long time. I have never like the buffet to begin with but thought we should give it another try. We went at 6:00 pm and it was Mexican night. I had the only tortilla shell they had and was told they had no more. How can you be out by 6:00 pm. The food tasted very bad and essentially I could only have a few bites. The dinner the next night in 13 moons was fantastic but they need to take that quality and put it in the buffet. Several competitors nearby and they serve great food - Swinomish could beat everyone by serving better food. I know it would be my preferred choice to go (like to play poker) but I think we will stick to Skagit or Silver Reef now. When we complained on the way out about the food the only thing they offered me was a comment card - no refund on the food. Very dissapointed and embarrassed that we encourage two other couples to stay and eat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Vancouver BC
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Great place to stay!
The room was great, very comfortable bedding and pillows.
Very clean, felt like a brand new hotel. Staff was courteous and professional.
Only small drawback was no bathtub, but the bathroom was very clean and modern.
Definitely will be staying there again!

Room Tip: We paid extra for the Bay view room on a prior visit but were not in it long enough to enjoy the vie...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Pinckney, Michigan
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Great value. Best hotel we've stayed at during our WA vacation. Very clean. Lovely room and beautiful bathroom! Staff very accommodating. The lodge restaurant was not open, so we had breakfast in the casino restaurant. Pricier than we expected but ample portions (our biggest men could not finish the tall stack of blueberry pancakes), and the wait staff were wonderful.

• Stayed August 2013
Olympia, WA
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The Swinomish Lodge is new "1 year old" I think and comfortable. My wife and I stayed there and took advantage of some coupons I found on line -- $50 in gas, $20 in gaming and a phantom $25 for Food and Beverage, which to this day I do not know how it worked. Our room was clean and nice. We ate dinner in their restaurant utilizing the phantom $25 Food and Beverage Coupon, but no one could explain to us how it worked as the $25 was not credited back to the room in any way that seemed plausible. But, with that said, the food was good and the wait staff personable. It just didn't seem like the bargain that it was suppose to be. There is an outside patio area, with a view of the bay with a very large gas fireplace that warmed up the area along with the outside heaters. As with all casino's the gaming area was smoky and the smoke had a tendency to leave the gaming area. I guess if you're a die hard gambler, this would be an exceptional property, but as an individual looking for a nice room for the night, I would say it was better than good. I just want to figure out the food an beverage credit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas W, General Manager at Swinomish Casino & Lodge, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you so much for the review. The Food & Beverage credit is quite simple to utilize, I apologize if it was not explained to you upon check in. To use, you simply charge the food & beverage back to your room, the first $25 of food & beverage are absorbed by the package and you do not see on your bill, anything over the initial $25 then appears on your bill. So if you charged $50 back to your room, only $25 will appear on your folio. If you feel the package was not utilized correctly, please contact me directly and I can view your folio and make the proper adjustments if necessary. I will also re-visit with our staff to ensure this process is explained upon check in. The beauty of the credit residing on your guest profile is that the credit is floating, and does not have to be used at once, you may use at multiple outlets for multiple charges until the amount is used. Thank you again for your review!

Best Regards,
Dallas Widmark
Lodge General Manager
League City, TX
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We only stayed one night so we could catch the ferry the next morning to the San Juan Islands. I don't really like casino hotels as I don't gamble but this hotel was amazing. The front desk staff was friendly and offered us some great suggestions for dinner outside the hotel. There was ample free parking and I can't say enough about the mattress. It was so comfortable - I hated to leave the next morning.

Room Tip: We had a wonderful room overlooking the water.........
1 Thank SweetieLeagueCity_TX
Eagle River, Alaska
Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stayed here for a week during our sons wedding in the area. The staff were very friendly and wanted to meet all our needs. They went above and beyond when helping us distribute welcome bags to the wedding guests staying here. They were also very accommodating in allowing a large group to sit and talk in the lobby seating area. The rooms are extremely nice and new
The only negative is there is no swimming pool and there is a hint of smoke when you enter the lobby coming from the casino. Also it would be nice to have a coffee shop in the hotel
All in all I highly recommend this hotel if you are in the area

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
washington
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We stayed here for one night before taking the ferry out of Anacortes to the San Juan Islands. It was a nice, clean luxury resort. We paid a small amount extra for the bay view room which I am glad we did. It has full length doors that open to let the fresh air in with a little Juliet type balcony. Nice amenities in the room and comfortable beds. The casino is on the smaller side which we liked! It was very clean and the staff at the casino and lodge were all very helpful and friendly! We had both lunch and dinner in the Sports Bar, the food was very good and reasonable! Will definitely go back again. We want to go back next year and spend more time in the area to explore before taking the ferry to the islands!

1 Thank belle0806
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacortes
Majestic Inn and Spa
#7 of 10 in Anacortes
The Wild Iris Inn
The Wild Iris Inn
#1 of 4 in La Conner

Been to Swinomish Casino & Lodge? Share your experiences!