“First time and nice!”

Swinomish Casino & Lodge
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had a Bay view Suite, room 1310 it had an excellent view of the bay. The weather was cold and clear and you could see Mt Baker and the San Juan Islands from our room. The bath room shower has big glass doors and is made of all granite floor and walls, I am a tall guy and I had plenty of head room to shower.
The breakfast buffet was outstanding a nice selection of food and made to order omelettes! The rustic decor with a western theme is also done up nicely around the buffet and main casino bar area.The staff was friendly and professional!
The Casino is clean but boy can they use some new slot machines, I heard that they have new ones arriving in the next few weeks, hope that is true.
We plan on coming back in the summer to enjoy the outdoor decks and dinning. It looks like a great place to go for walks along the waterfront.

Room Tip: The bay view suites are fairly large enough to host a few guests before you head off somewhere.
1  Thank Jim F
Dallas W, General Manager at Swinomish Casino & Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We have had some excellent weather this month affording some amazing views of Mt. Baker and the San Juan Islands from our guest rooms. I’m delighted to see you were able to enjoy this truly unique offering our property has that you simply will not find anywhere else. Our setting on the Padilla Bay truly sets us apart. The breakfast buffet is always popular with our guests and you can never go wrong with a made to order omelet. We are in fact expecting new slot machines soon and will continue to update our slot offerings throughout 2013. We look forward to having you back this summer!

Best Regards,
Dallas Widmark
Lodge General Manager

Reviewed January 16, 2013

We were upgraded to a Bay View Corner suite during our visit January 15th. It was beautiful. The evening lights and morning views were fantastic. We drank our coffee by the window and watched Mt. Baker, eagles, other soaring birds and boat traffic. Enjoyed a soak in the tub and just had a memorable evening. The Tuesday buffet wasn't bad either. Thanks to a wonderful staff and we promise to be back soon!

Room Tip: Always pay extra and get the view side.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

We appreciate the review! You have outlined the exact guest experience we had in mind when we designed our Corner Bayview Suites. There is not a lot more I can say besides thank you! We look forward to having you back soon!

Best Regards,
Dallas Widmark
Lodge General Manager

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed last week for a night before continuing down to the Tulalip Casino in Marysville. Front desk girl was a little dim and not too friendly, but fruit-infused water at the check-in was a nice touch. Our room was very nice, no complaints there. Gambling was so-so, not too many winners that I could see. The lady at the rewards desk was very helpful and friendly, and gave my husband and I a free hamburger meal each for signing up. We had a late-night hamburger in the bar, which was pretty good. The next day, we went to the "buffet" (and I use the term loosely) for lunch. My husband had actually gone there before me to "check it out" and had apparently stood at the reception desk waiting to talk to the hostess. He said that she had carried on a conversation with another staff member and totally ignored him. He finally walked in and checked out the serving stations and met me back at the entrance. He whispered to me, "forget it!", but I wanted to check it out for myself. So I stood there as the hostess, again, carried on a conversation with a staff member. I work in customer service myself, and couldn't believe how she ignored us! Not a "be right with you", "sorry to keep you waiting", or even a signal that she knew we were there. (I walk bent-over with a cane right now, due to an injury, and was obviously struggling to stand there for any length of time.) So I walked in, and couldn't believe the miserable excuse for a buffet that was offered. A few serving trays of food that I could not identify, and other pans with one or two portions of vegetables that were adhered to the bottoms of the pan. And the price....$11.95! The Skagit Casino...a few miles away...blows this place out of the water...cheaper and 300% better. I wouldn't recommend this buffet to my worst enemy. We ended up at Anthony's for lunch in downtown Anacortes...highly recommended! All in all, I would stay here again because the price was reasonable and the assortment of slot machines was fine...but don't go near that buffet!

1  Thank Nancy A
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We went to the casino last night and had their buffet.was disappointed , we asked to talk to the manager who was very condensating to my husband,the food was not that great as we told him , we also told him with my husband having celiac disease he can only eat a few things, I had walked through and found a few things he could eat , anyways the manager said did you let your server know. Nope we never had a choice, anyways he did take that meal off but proceeded to tell us he has no idea what the cooks do, I think he should .am sad I would of taken the shuttle to the casino every day to play the slots but with that attitude I will not

14  Thank Mrsallen45
Justin S, Manager at Swinomish Casino & Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

Posted on behalf of Kurt Schwinden, Food & Beverage Manager:

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for your experience at the buffet and am disappointed that we were unable to assist you with your requests. The lack of concern and attitude our team member demonstrated for your specific needs is unacceptable. We strive to offer the best customer service and I assure you this situation has been addressed. I believe in the product and service we offer at our beautiful property and will use this review as an opportunity to address our team. Thank you again for informing us of your experience.

Please feel free to contact me directly and be assured that we strive to perfect the high standards we have set as an organization and will continue to improve, thanks to your feedback.

Kurt Schwinden
Food & Beverage Manager
Swinomish Casino & Lodge
kschwinden@swinomishcasino.com
360-293-2691

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Easy check in, the room was beautiful, the best burgers in the sports bar.
Next time I will upgrade my room to a view room (so pretty up there!).
I can't wait to go back!
The only drawback is no pool. Gambling and drinking safe (no driving!) makes up for that!

Room Tip: Get their players card for cheaper deals! SO worth it!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Stephanie A
Reviewed January 5, 2013

I had visited this casino several years ago and was not all that impressed. Then I heard they had built a hotel and read some positive reviews on TripAdvisor so I decided to give it a try. I booked a King Bay View Room for a reasonable price with my AAA discount. I was very impressed when I walked in the lobby. The staff was very friendly and the lobby very nice with a great view of the bay. This is a new hotel so the all the common areas looked clean and modern.

I had a room on the third floor and it was very large and spacious. I loved that the it had floor to ceiling windows the full width of the room. It made for a very nice view (if you could look past the RV camping between the hotel and the water). The room was also very clean and new looking. It had a nice decor and the furniture was very comfortable. It had a large LCD TV with the largest selection of channels I have seen at a hotel. The bathroom was also very nice, with a large walk in shower. I have read some reviews complaining there is no tub. I actually prefer a room without a tub. I wouldn't want to take a bath in a hotel room anyway. I also really appreciated the in room safe. The wireless Internet was very string and robust. I streamed a movie on my IPad and the wireless handled it perfectly.

The casino was also better than I remembered. It was a short walk from the main hotel area and not overly smokey. There were three bars in the casino, one of them a large sports bar with many big screens. The food was decent and the atmosphere good. There was also a couple other restaurants and a deli in the bingo area that I did not try. The employees in the casino were also very friendly and if I had been winning it would have been a perfect stay. I will definitely stay here a again in the future.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I am a return customer to this property. The check in , and floor staff are curtious and very friendly and always helpful when needed.The POKER ROOM is my main reason for coming here so often. I always have a great time here. Thanks DARLA and BRIAN. Stayed for Christmas and have already booked for mid JAN. See you at the tables. Randall ORR CANADA.

Room Tip: Stay on bay view rooms, 5th floor
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank randi_0
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacortes
Anacortes Ship Harbor Inn
#1 of 4 in La Conner
La Conner Channel Lodge
La Conner Channel Lodge
#2 of 4 in La Conner

Been to Swinomish Casino & Lodge? Share your experiences!