“Nice Getaway”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Anacortes
Mukilteo, Washington
“Nice Getaway”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Check in was prompt and courteous with a check-in call after arrival in the room to make sure it was satisfactory. The room and the view were well worth the reasonable price. The food quality was fine but selection let quite a bit to be desired. The casino had a reasonable selection of slots with a very small gaming table area. Didn't spend much time in the room until time to go to bed, when we found that there was a "dull far off roar" like a freight train going by at a distance - - - just enough that I heard it all night. Finally figured out what it was. At the west end of the lodge ground level on the bay side is a kitchen room area with very large - - - and loud - - - exhaust fans. Made sleep quite difficult. Let the desk clerk know about it at check out and was brushed off with no concern. DO NOT ACCEPT A ROOM ON THE WEST END OF THE BAY SIDE IF YOU WANT TO SLEEP! Otherwise the hotel and casino were a pleasant experience that I would do again.

Room Tip: West end of bay side has exhaust fan noise that makes quality sleep difficult so get smaller room nu...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Justin S, Marketing Coordinator, Swinomish Casino & Lodge at Swinomish Casino & Lodge, responded to this review, May 10, 2012
Hi there,

Thank you for your review! We appologize for the noise and will work diligently with our engineering department to identify the source and remedy the issue.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our property and we hope that you sleep soundly on your next visit.

Justin Shank, Marketing Coordinator, Swinomish Casino & Lodge

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed May 3, 2012

Our first time at Swinomish Casino and Lodge. We visited from Abbotsford BC and found it very easy to get to. Beautiful new hotel with lovely rooms, wouldn't change a thing. Rooms and decor very well thought out. Love the stone tiled bathroom and glass enclosed shower. Very comfortable bed. Casino was great and we had a lot of fun, nice atmosphere. Only ate at the deli and cafe but enjoyed our food. Great deal on the $2.00 domestic draught beer happy hour, from 4-7pm. Big thumbs up to every single one of your Employees for being so awesome. EVERY staff member of EVERY job description that we came across, from the hotel through the casino, the bars the deli and the cafe and cleaning staff had a friendly welcoming smile and provided superb customer service. Well done, we will be back for sure!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bc_honey
Justin S, Marketing Coordinator at Swinomish Casino & Lodge, responded to this review, May 4, 2012
Thank you so much for your review, it is very comforting to hear that you had such a positive first visit to our property. We are proud of our team and I will share your kind words with the staff and management.

Thank you again for taking the time to review our property. Looking forward to your next visit.

Justin Shank, Marketing Coordintor, jshank@swinomishcasino.com
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We really enjoyed our 2 night complimentary stay. Beautiful rooms with balcony facing Padilla Bay, well decorated with native american art, and the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. 40 inch HD Directv, Keurig coffee makers, a safe too keep your big winnings from the casino in.
Even an I-pod dock clock radio. The only thing negative is they could put some real glasses in the rooms so we did'nt have to drink our wine in plastic cups. The down side of the stay was the restaurant, and the service. We sat in the restaurant for 20 min. after being seated, finally got up and left. Went to the new sports bar to order on there limited menu, my wife took one bite of her "chilli dog" and sent it back. We did'nt get to try the new restaurant since it was closed sun-mon,

1 Thank Bobinoff
Ian M, Manager at Swinomish Casino & Lodge, responded to this review, May 1, 2012
We have had so many great comments regarding our beds and I am thrilled that you enjoy them also! Thank you also for the wonderful review of the Lodge. We spent long hours designing it to make sure it is a special place. We are in the process of adding real glass tumblers to the guest room so please look forward to that. In response to your comments with the food and beverage experience, this is not the standard experience or one that we would ever want you to have. I have forwarded your comments to our Director of Food and Beverage and she has assured me that she will be addressing this with her staff and fixing the issues you experienced. We are very proud of our food and beverage program and I can assure you that if you come back to our property you will have nothing but a great experience. Thank you again for taking the time to review our property and have a great rest of the week!

~Ian Robert McClendon, Front Office Manager
Washington State
Reviewed April 20, 2012

Check in was easy and very fast. The girls at the desk were very friendly. Easy access to our room from the elevators.
Of course the rooms are nice and clean except our bedding looked like someone had sat on the bed, so I quickly looked around to make sure were weren't sharing a room with someone.
Being a brand new hotel, The view from the room was very nice. you could see the mountains and the bay. Nice way to wake up!
I could see a few details that might have been overlooked. A makeup mirror in the bathroom, real glasses instead of plastic wrapped ones (and maybe a few more then 2) and I think the room is big enough for one more chair so two people can sit around the table.
I thought the rooms were supposed to have "Plush Bathrobes"? I didn't see any in the closet.
One other thing I noticed was that the rooms still smell like new paint and flooring. I got pretty stuffed up from the smell.
Now, I would definitely come back in a few months when the smell subsides. The lack of the above mentioned items will just make me pack my own next time.
Thank you for inviting us to your hotel!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Ian M, Ian Robert McClendon, Front Office Manager at Swinomish Casino & Lodge, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments. The rooms that have our plush robes are actually the suites, but you can request one for your room if we have them available. We do not have many, but if we do have a couple, we would be more than happy to send them up to you! I have taken down all of your requests and we will make sure to add them to the guest rooms as soon as possible! Thank you again for taking the time to review our property and have a great rest of the week!

Burlington, WA
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We are locals, and have been visiting the Swinomish Northern Lights Casino for years. We received an offer from the new hotel to come stay for a complimentary night, so we took them up on it.

The valet staff are completely different from the people we've seen for years. The new people don't really have what it takes to be a really good valet, but I'm hoping that will come in time. It's disappointing to not see familiar faces greet us when we drive up.

The front desk staff got us checked in quickly, and painlessly.

We found our room easily, and it's really a beautiful room. The HD television, comfy bed, and Keurig coffee machines are a nice touch. VERY smart idea on the part of the design team, to put table lamps in the rooms that have plenty of power outlets on the lamps themselves! Makes it easy to charge phones, e-readers, tablets, and laptops.

The iPod radio docs are nice, too.

The view from the bay side rooms is fantastic. Bring binoculars with you if you like to bird watch or look for seals and stuff.

I have to say, our sleep suffered, though. Nothing we could put a finger on, as everything was comfortable, and fairly quiet (there did seem to be a bit of noise from people doing things in other rooms or maintenance items, maybe sound transmitted by the steel beam construction?). Could have been that it was a new place to us, but that's only reason I dinged them on sleep quality.

There were a few little niggles that I'd like to point out to the management, that may help them deliver the next level of quality in such a nice place. I noticed the hotel manager appears to be looking at these reviews, and would like to contact him directly, rather than post them here, since they're small items and shouldn't dissuade anyone from visiting.

We would stay again!

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the bay and a balcony. Some 3rd floor bay view rooms have a view of the ro...
2 Thank vex10
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We have not changed the valet staff, but since we have gone to 24 hours, we have added a couple members to our team. I appreciate you wanting to give us more feedback and we would love that. I am very sorry to hear that you were unable to get enough sleep with us. I would love to hear more about that so we can fix whatever happened.

Thank you again for your comments and I hope to see you back at the Swinomish Casino and Lodge very soon!

imcclendon@swinomishcasino.com
WA State
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Great stay, nice rooms, great bed and bedding. Large tiled shower, but would have like small seat or foot rest for us girls to shave our legs. Only 1 hook in bathroom for towels and no vent for heat in bathroom. Also would like another plug in on other end of counter in bathroom, so 2 can be using items. Large safe, iron and board in closet. Smelled the alder smoke in the hallways and we were 2 floors above restaurant that uses the alder so smoke. Small gym, no spa or pools. lots of places for RV;s in back that faces bay for a great view.Small coffee pot on granite table top, writing desk and chair plus comfy chair and lamp to watch tv by instead of bed if wanted. Not sure we'd pay the new prices that are listed for seasons, but could'nt be rate given.

Room Tip: Channel view least $$, Bay view higher, only 5 floors.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Ian M, Ian Robert McCledon, Front Office Manager at Swinomish Casino & Lodge, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you very much for your great review of our property. we are a new Lodge and we are looking to our guests to see what else we can offer for them. This gives me lots of great feedback to use. I will make sure to pass these comments on to the appropriate departments and we will make sure to handle them right away.

if you have any further comments please do not hesitate to contact the Lodge.

Thank you for choosing the Swinomish Casino and Lodge and we hope to see you back in Anacortes very soon!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed April 17, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here this past weekend. I know the lodge has only been open for a week, but the staff was great and the rooms are wonderful. The king size bed was so comfortable I didnt want to get out of bed! The rooms are roomy, very clean, and the bathroom is huge! I will most definetly be staying here again!

• Stayed April 2012
3 Thank JFlores98136
Ian M, Ian Robert McClendon, Front Office Manager at Swinomish Casino & Lodge, responded to this review, April 19, 2012
Thank you so much for being one of our first guests at our brand new Lodge! We are so thrilled to be open and it truly makes our day that you enjoyed your stay. Our beds are amazing and I am so glad that you enjoyed them. We hope you will come back and visit us again and see how we evolve into one of the best Casino Hotels in the Pacific Northwest! Thank you again for your great comments and we hope to see back at the Swinomish Casino and Lodge very soon!

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Anacortes
Anacortes Ship Harbor Inn
#7 of 10 in Anacortes
La Conner Channel Lodge
La Conner Channel Lodge
#3 of 4 in La Conner

Been to Swinomish Casino & Lodge? Share your experiences!