“Charming and delicious”

Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
British Columbia, Canada
“Charming and delicious”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

We came upon this cafe accidentally, and were so very glad we did. Delicious food, charming ambience, attentive service, and very reasonable prices. To top it off, we enjoyed a chocolate mousse cake that spoiled us forever.

• Visited July 2014

Lopez Island, Washington
“Best Mexican - and not just in Anacortes”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I am no fan of the North American version of "Mexican" food and have learned that authentic Mexican food is a far cry from that generally messy and unappetizing concoction. My litmus test for authenticity when I walk into an unknown Mexican restaurant is if it offers any dishes that feature mole poblano sauce - the unique, rich sauce made with spices and dark chocolate. Frida's offers not one but two delicious dishes with mole and many other dishes which all add up to a justified claim of being an authentic, gourmet, Mexican restaurant - no messy globs of guacamole, cheese, refried beans and sour cream here. Frida's is by far the best Mexican restaurant I have enjoyed, and most likely the best restaurant in Anacortes, especially if you are a sucker for ethnic foods - I say "most likely" because there are a few I have yet to try.

• Visited June 2014
“Exquisite!”
Reviewed May 30, 2014 via mobile

We attended this restaurant based on reviews and were not disappointed! We both had entrées that were variations on chile relleno's and they were excellent! Highly gourmet renditions of traditional recipes. The Cadillac margaritas were wonderful. And the guava cheesecake was light, refreshing and flavorful. Our servers were Liam, a wonderful attentive lad, and Gerardo, the co-owner, also very attentive and personable. They are associated with an Italian restaurant in La Conner, called La Traviata which we are dying to try!

1 Thank Kalolaelan
Glendale, California
“Excellent Mexican Food!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Coming from Southern California where there are all sorts of Mexican and South of the Border fare, I was pleasantly surprised by this restaurant.
I had gone whale watching with friends and they said this place came highly recommended to them. I can understand why!
I love the Frida theme, and the vibe of the place.
The menu had so many interesting items it was very difficult to choose which to pick.
Ultimately, I ordered the Crepes Abuelita Emma- crab filled, delicately seasoned, that showed off the delicious crab inside, instead of it being buried by heavy sauce. The light cream salsa on the top of the the crepes did not overwhelm the flavors within.
Wonderful.
Everyone loved what they ordered.
It's not the usual mexican fare, and the food was not overly fatty or heavy.
The prices were a tad high, but you aren't eating the standard cheap mexican combo food.
Seafood is more expensive.
it was a Great place. If I get up this way again, I will return, and try some of the other dishes.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank glendalewanderer
Seattle
“Not your typical Mexican restaurant”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Immediately upon walking in the door I was delighted with our choice of new restaurants to try. The decor is welcoming and inviting. We had the most gracious Waiter. The food was delicious, perfectly prepared! I will go back and often!

• Visited May 2014