“Almost too good”

Dining options: Reservations
Clinton
“Almost too good”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We've eaten here before and loved it but I guess over time I had forgotten how good it is. When I took my first bite I was over come by the richness and breadth of flavor. My significant other had the same experience and in fact we enjoyed our individual dishes so much we opted not to share with each other (other than a taste). Owner (when he's there) is a wonder fellow!

Visited December 2013

Seattle, Washington
“Upscale Mexican”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This is another nice surprise in Anacortes. Might be a bit too gourmet for people looking for basic mexican food. The back bar area is cool.

Visited November 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Interesting setting, food not as gourmet as the prices”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

We were there on a quiet Sunday afternoon/evening. Lovely place with the Frida art and dark decor. Server was okay, could benefit from being a bit more friendly. Not that he was unfriendly, just kind of blah. I'm not sure there was any alcohol in my margarita. I'm what I call a cheap drunk, and I didn't feel a thing from that huge glass of stuff. Not the best tasting margarita either. The food was good, my burrito was the best item. I really liked the side of slaw or salad or whatever it was. Not impressed by the rice. Desserts looked yummy, but my burnt creme, despite the nice show of flaming the sugar top tableside, did not impress me either. Prices higher than usual Mexican fare, so I expected more of a gourmet level. Missed the mark in my opinion. Overall, okay. Would not go back and pay higher prices for okay food.

1 Thank melgrieves
La Conner, Washington
“Relax and enjoy this restaurant”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Beautiful restaurant be sure to check out the back area by the bar. The menu does have a good selection of authentic Mexican dishes and what you would expect on a menu for basic Mexican food and sea food dishes such as coconut prawns, yum! The food is very good and the service is good. I do not like feeling rushed, so it is was nice to slow down and relax. Don't be in a hurry if you go there, just enjoy. They also let us order off the dinner menu, we were there for lunch. Try the "Camarones de Alejandro Arias" coconut prawns with the mango dipping sauce I did and it was very good. I will go back.

Coupeville, Washington
“What a nice change - Not your typical Mexican Restaurant”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Located in Old Town of Anacortes down by the harbor. Very appealing to the eye. Some friends had invited us to join them for their return visit. Very good service and a unique menu including your classic Mexican dishes but also many unique dishes for an interesting selection. Good service and it was somewhat slow, maybe due to it being a Sunday night. I ordered fajitas and the meat was slightly tough. My wife ordered stuffed chicken thighs, but it still had its bones. Due to a tasty sauce covering it she couldn't pick it up, so had to use her utensils. For the price we paid it should have been fileted.