“Great ambience, decor, service, and food presentation”

Frida's - Anacortes
Ranked #10 of 91 Restaurants in Anacortes
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2013

Would go back for the ambience, decor, service, and food presentation, but not for the food. Ordered some prawns in red sauce. It was too spicy (even for us, who like spicy food). We also got some chicken in a green sauce. The sauce was good. The rice was undercooked, and the bean and cactus salad tasted straight out of a can.

There are newer reviews for Frida's - Anacortes

Reviewed May 28, 2013

While staying in Anacortes we happened to walk past Frida’s and decided to give it a try. It was a Friday night and looked quite busy from outside but once inside we realized it goes back much further than you can see from the road. We were seated quickly on the upper balcony level. Frida’s has a wonderful tasteful ambiance, unlike most other Mexican restaurants I have been to.

The service definitely wasn’t remarkable but also not unpleasant. We had several different people serving us throughout the night and at the end, a while after completing our meal, had to wave someone down to pay. It was annoying but certainly wouldn’t deter me from returning!

My hubby and I shared the Enchiladas Suizas entrée (corn tortillas with chicken covered with cream cheese and green tomatillo sauce) and Frida’s Tacos (tacos filled with shredded beef, topped with lettuce, tomato and cheese). Both came with rice and refried beans. At about $12 for a large entrée, it was a great value!

We also each had a house margarita which was very tasty and I now regret not getting the Frida Margarita which is 46oz of goodness!

Beautiful restaurant and fabulous food, we will definitely return!

Reviewed May 22, 2013

I really want to give this place a 5 out of 5 but I just can't and it's because of the service.

i had read other reviews about this place so we decided to go. I had an entertainment coupon as well.

First, the decor and ambiance... 5 stars out of 5... absolutely loved it. Great date place. Intimate, cozy, beautiful and romantic and yet you could be very comfortable in jeans.

The food - very good. Large portions. If I were to go back I'd try something more on the goumet side of the menu. As it was I had the enchilada. Very good. My husband had the steak fajita and had to box up half of it. Plenty of food. 5 stars

Also, for what we had I would say the prices were very reasonable. Price 5 stars

Now the part where Frida's became a big dissapointment - the service. We were seated in the back and we were the first ones there so it was not that busy. We were brought menus and we gave our drink orders. Chips and salsa and sour cream came quick enough as did our drinks.

Then our server came over and asked if we wanted to order drinks... then looked at our drinks and said oh... well do you want to order an appetizer. We both said no as we were sitting there munching on the chips and salsa. He said is that a coupon. I said yes and then he said "can you hand it to me" like it was dirty and beneath him to pick it up. OK... So I give it to him and he asked if we were ready to order - we were so we ordered and he left.

Then he came back a short time later and removed our small plates because our food was ready. He gave us our meal and that was that. He never came back to see how it was or if there was anything we needed. After we had finished and had been sitting there awhile - and I mean awhile - he came over and asked if we wanted desert. We said no. Actually I really like to have desert with my meal but because we had already been sitting there so long I just said that we wanted coffee. At that point he took away our dirty dishes. I should have just asked for the bill.

We sat and waited and waited and waited. Finally, he brings over the coffee, and left. The coffee was almost cold. I barely drank any of it and by this time I was really getting frustrated. I tried to get his attention to ask for the bill. He ignored us. So we caught the other fellows attention and asked him for the bill... he says sure sure and off he goes. We waited some more. Finally, after about another 10 minutes of just waiting for a bill the first guy brings us the bill.

I dig out some bills and get our of there. So disappointed because I had really wanted to enjoy this place.

Now I thought maybe it was because we were using a coupon.. but that wasn't it becasue there was a couple who came in after us that were also using a coupon. They were served, had there bill and were gone before we were even able to get a bill so I don't know why we had such terrible service.

Now because of everything else, if we are back this way I might give it a second chance and hope the service is better.

1  Thank fanfare50
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Just stopped for lunch after a hike. Some of the very best Mexican food I've ever eaten. Not your everyday mama's mexican but truely exceptional gourmet offerings with very fine service. I'm going back next time I visit Anacortes! Pj

Reviewed March 18, 2013

we spend 2 nights in ancortes wa. we missied our ferry to canada. in that two days we try thire food for lunch. it was good. they have big menu to choose from. we sure come back.