“This is a terrific value”

Frida's - Anacortes
Ranked #10 of 91 Restaurants in Anacortes
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 2, 2012

We found this Mexican restaurant on Trip Advisor and it is a classic. The decor is outstanding. Lots of dark wood, curtained booths and interesting artwork on the walls , We were there in the early afternoon just in time for the happy hour menu. We ordered quesadilla and tacos de carne asada. What could go wrong with that? The surprise was they took these ordinary offerings and infused them with flavors that were totally delightful. And the service was excellent.The restaurant is located in Old Town Anacortes, a tad difficult to find on Commercial Ave. but well worth the effort.

There are newer reviews for Frida's - Anacortes

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We lived in New Mexico most of our lives and I've never experienced such exceptional cuisine. I'm a celiac and was a little wary of trying a "mexican" restaurant, but this was far from anything I could have imagined. The waiter was very knowledgeable about celiac's disease and suggested many entree choices. The food was outstanding. There was only one "bad" thing; we found this restaurant on our very last day in Anacortes, or we'd have gone back several more times! Great food, great ambiance, great staff and celiac friendly!

Reviewed October 2, 2012

This restaurant was recommended to us and we were excited to try it. Service was really lukewarm. Atmosphere was cozy and we had a nice table. We were a bit late but still well within the "open" hours, maybe our server was tired? I exclaimed to the person pouring our water how interesting the menu looked, and he replied that "scary" might be a better description. Dinner was served swiftly - within about 2 minutes of ordering? I ordered fish tacos and found them to be kind of sweet, with lots of pineapple and mandarin orange slices, and drizzled in balsamic vinegar. Gummy tortillas. My plate had a big greasy handprint on it that I was having trouble getting past. My husband's dinner of stuffed peppers was interesting, with cranberries and nuts. For me, not sure if the unusual ingredients worked, but they are clearly described on the menu, so you can choose something more traditional.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Love the chipolte enchiladas, margaritas and creative menu "all things Frida". The atmosphere is cozy but with the colorful flair of Frida adorned walls. A long, antique wood bar at one end defines the restaurant as one from the old days of Mexico might be.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

After leaving El Jinte across the street disappointed and still hungry my husband and I realized here was another Mexican Restaurant! Great margaritas, EXCELLENT burrito and fantastic salsa. Restaurant was very classy and had a homey feel. Service was very accomodating. I live in Bellingham and will be returning for Frida's again VERY SOON!