“Cozy atmosphere with a flair, authentic Mexican food”

Frida's - Anacortes
Ranked #10 of 91 Restaurants in Anacortes
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Love the chipolte enchiladas, margaritas and creative menu "all things Frida". The atmosphere is cozy but with the colorful flair of Frida adorned walls. A long, antique wood bar at one end defines the restaurant as one from the old days of Mexico might be.

There are newer reviews for Frida's - Anacortes

Reviewed September 16, 2012

After leaving El Jinte across the street disappointed and still hungry my husband and I realized here was another Mexican Restaurant! Great margaritas, EXCELLENT burrito and fantastic salsa. Restaurant was very classy and had a homey feel. Service was very accomodating. I live in Bellingham and will be returning for Frida's again VERY SOON!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Excellent food served by very friendly people. Medium priced and value exceeds cost. Never had a bad meal and my wife and I have eaten here numerous times.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

We came across this restaurant as we were trolling down Commercial Avenue looking for a late lunch after a ferry ride from BC. My mom is a vegetarian and we feared options in Anacortes would be slim. We settled on Frida's, somewhat reluctantly, as I feared that this would be Americanized Mexican food. I love authentic Mexican, having lived in the southwest for many years and traveled in Mexico extensively. We were pleasantly surprised. First, lots of amazing dishes to try - I had a hard time deciding between pork stuffed with nuts and berries, pollo en mole, or seafood crepes. I chose chiles en nogada - ground beef and pork with nuts, berries and cream sauce - outstanding! Mom went for vegetarian crepes and was delighted with her meal. I'll definitely be back!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

As an art lover while walking down Comm. Ave. in Anacortes 'The Gateway to the San Juan Islands", my eye was immediately drawn to the amazing art work that decorates the walls inside a relatively new culinary establishment called Frida's. On my first visit I sat at the opulent bar located in the rear of the restaurant and was more than pleasantly surprised at the large number of high end tequilas that adorned the bar. The service was outstanding extremely friendly and quite attentive. Later when an old friend was traveling through town from the Bronx we made a point to have dinner and drinks on the patio which I feel is one of the best kept secrets in Anacortes. The food is quite good, the atmosphere is spectacular and the staff is great. On my next visit I think that I would love to call ahead and reserve a private table in this lovely establishment. Two thumbs up. Keep up the good work and all the best.