“Great Day of Fishing!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Eagle Point Fishing Charters
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Salmon everywhere! I fished with Darrell and Eaglepoint Fishing Charters last Saturday and had a great fishing experience. Limits of salmon, brats on the BBQ, and a beautiful day in the San Juan Islands. I highly recommend fishing with Darrell.

4  Thank DPinBellingham

Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was an absolutely terrible fishing experience. My family of 5 adults ranging in age from 40 - 57 set out on this long cod fishing excursion. We had varying degrees of fishing experience ranging from novice to very experienced. I personaly have never caught more than a brook trout and have never been on a guided fishing tour. I wish i could tell you the guide's name, but sadly he never even introduced himself to us, nor did he ever ask our names. My sister in law mentioned that it was my sisters birthday several times and he never said a single word.

So...as soon as we reach our destination, he tells the men that they will be fishing up front and the girls will stay with him. He said to wait to fish until we were all ready. Then he said...okay, you guys go ahead. We all thought this meant they could begin. They tossed out their lines and the man began yelling at them, saying they screwed everything up. It was horrible. He yelled at is every time we caught a hook on the bottom. I understand that tackle is costly but if we all knew what we were doing and exactly how to do it...we would have done it ourselves. We had crummy luck with the fish... but then...I hooked a really big one. I mean huge. Probably 4 or so feet and over 30 lbs. (Remember I'm the one who had never caught more than a brook trout.). I got the fish clear up to the side of the boat and the fish wouldn't fit in the guys net. This somehow translated into my fault. The fish started to run. I got scared because I didn't know what to do and the guy was yelling at me. My arms were wearing out, I was afraid I was going to lose the pole and I touched my line which apparently you're never supposed to do. The man screamed at me and reached out and back-handed me across the chest and arm. My brothers didn't see that as they were up front diligently trying not to make a mistake. Thank goodness because if they had witnessed that we probably would have had to drive ourselves home. I will give him credit that he did come apologize later when he saw that I was crying. Then, he got tired of losing his hooks on the rocks so he took us to a location where the ground was smooth and there was not so much ad a nibble for hours while we dutifully continued our pole management so as not to be chastised. For the entire part of that several hour bore fest, he chatted loudly on his cell phone nonstop the whole time so we felt like we couldn't even visit with one another lest we interrupt his phone conversations. In fact, at one point he was talking about some fishing event and said to his "friend" , "you guys think I'm aggressive? These guys are way worse....full contact fishing...I can get into that!"...CLEARLY. Well, my sister did catch a good one at the very end of the day. When we got back to the dock he didn't even offer all 2 of our fish to us...we had to ask. He said he'd fillet while we put our stuff away. We went to the bathroom, put things away, started making some lunch, and then went back and he hasn't even started. We all had money in our pockets with the intent of tipping him nicely bit we did not tip at all. The weather was beautiful, the boat was pretty clean for a fishing rig, but the guide was the worst ever and he made the whole experience memorable... because we will forever talk about the fateful fishing trip with the bully fishing guide. My brother had been on many fishing excursions and he said he's never seen anything like it. Just don't do it. He's just not nice at all and has zero customer focus.

9  Thank MKCrump
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I booked two trips with Eagle Point Charters in 2011 and the trips had everything I was looking for and then some.

My first trip was a halibut charter and barbecue lunch. We anchored up in Burrows Bay and went to work with the rods. Before long there was a fish on and after a memorable battle the halibut was on the deck of the boat.

I had such a great time, I booked a salmon fishing trip in August. Again, Captain Stacey put us right on the fish.

Normally, I would not write a review to be posted on the Internet, but I felt I must speak up for this young man.

I found his boat to be immaculate and extremely organized. His knowledge of fishing and his expertise is phenomenal. I whole heartedly endorse Eagle Point Charters and look forward to fishing with Captain Stacey again in 2012.

3  Thank Darla K
Reviewed June 23, 2011

EAGLE POINT CHARTERS have very poor business practices. they say they will call..yeah to take your money...then never hear from them again.I booked a fishin trip with this LOUSY outfit and had to cancel 2 months in advance . They called {imagine that} and said it would be taken care of ...well 2 months later .still no refund ..called several times ...even called the credit card company ...wrote to the WASHINGTON STATE BBB and filed a complaint..

DO NOT FISH with this outfit...you will be completely dissatisfied