Review Highlights
Horrible!! Don't use! Darryl is the worst!

Reviewed July 3, 2017
sean M
via mobile
Fishing with Darryl

Reviewed August 26, 2014
Kerry B
Bellingham, Washington

See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 3, 2017 via mobile

Avoid at all costs. Darryl is even rude on the phone before the trip starts. Hung up on me. Rude and unprofessional from the start to the finish. Waste of money!!

Reviewed August 26, 2014

I have gone out with Darryl for three years in a row. Every time I have come back with fish. While his people skills is not the greatest, this man knows how to fish and is honest. If you need a sweet talkative travel guide, do not go out with Darrell. By the way, I am planning to make this the fourth year.

Kerry Brown

1  Thank Kerry B
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We fished for two days with Darrell. We have all fished for many years, but according to Darrell, we were a bunch of idiots! The whole trip we were yelled for doing something wrong or letting fish get away. The fishing was great, too bad the guide is a jerk. Don't waste your money with Eagle Point Charters. There are many other guides in Anacortes that you will enjoy spending time with.

7  Thank 33fish
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Captain Darryl was pushy and arrogant, seemed to have no knowledge of what we were fishing for, 7 hours on the boat, not a single bite, no action and definitely no fish. We were treated poorly, charged extra money than he quoted on the telephone. Would not recommend this vessel or captain to anyone. We took time off and travelled from Canada to go fishing, we also had to purchase a US fishing license just to be treated badly and have an all around crappy day and no fish out of the deal and now we have to dispute the credit card charges and if he's that dishonest he now has our credit card number.
Using the wrong tackle and had us fishing for fish that are not even running right now, he is supposed to know more than us, but that definitely was not the case.
If you are considering a day fishing charter, steer very clear of this guy, just a scammer with a boat.

8  Thank Brady N
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Captain Darryl was extremely unprofessional, rude, obnoxious and argumentative, he quoted one price and doubled it on the credit card transaction.
He yelled at one of his customers, argued with others and was just around arrogant and extremely unfriendly. My family goes on many fishing charters and he seemed to be unknowledgable of the waters and the type of salmon he apparently had them fishing for, those salmon are not even running right now.
We will be reporting him as well to the better business bureau or whatever it is that they have in the US.
Hopefully this guy gets run off he gives fishing charters a bad name, my brother will NEVER go on another one after this experience.

4  Thank Brenda A
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My last legit review was on this business seems to be missing, so I am writing it again in hopes of saving another family from using this fishing charter. First, Darryl will not refund your money if you have a deal with him to do so. He will lie through his teeth that he will, but in the end will ignore all of your phone calls until you take him to court. He seems to go there a lot as he already had an issue with another customer not refunding about $2000. Just do a search on it, you will find the incident. His behavior on the boat was a joke. He will socialize with other boats and engage is dangerous boating practices, such as, him trying to ram his boat into the other. I was very scared and felt trapped that I was on a boat with such a dangerous person. Never checked our fishing licenses to see if we had them, talked on his phone the whole time, we never caught anything and spent over $800 for a horrible experience. Of coarse the locals will tell you all these bad reviews are false...they don't want to loose business for the area of Anacortes and for their own businesses. But the fact is I was a real customer that had a real experience that was very poor. Make of it as you will, but consider yourself warned.

7  Thank nurseslink
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Captain Darryl was very cold the whole fishing trip and would not recommend captain Darryl to anyone unless you want to be treated like 8 year olds. We were out to have a good time and that did not happen. Very un professional for a fishing guide. Will not be using captain Darryl again and don't know who to ever recommend this type of guide to. We got yelled at for not bringing in the fish in correct and also got yelled at for damaging on of the lures. We have been on lots of guided fishing trips and have never been treated like this before. Thumbs down.

8  Thank michaelterrific
Reviewed September 15, 2013

A guided fishing trip for family members turned sour from the getgo when the "Captain" failed to introduce himself and left the dock without any safety instructions, e.g., the location of life jackets, fire extinguisher, emergency radio frequency. Then after arriving on the fishing grounds, he neglected to explain the basics of the reels being used ( especially for a couple of first timers). Then during the trip he began an exchange with another boat skipper that can only be described as juvenile--He started throwing donuts and bananas at the other boat. His "buddy" skipper responded by running his boat straight at us at 40-50 mph only to turn away at the last minute.

This guy is a complete imbecile who should have his guiding license taken away by the State.

12  Thank cjmbp1943
Reviewed September 1, 2013

The Captain of the Miss Megan was fantastic! We had a great time last week and we can't be much more satisfied with the weather, the sea, the fish we caught and the great time we had on the boat. He put us right on the money. We will be doing this again next year for sure.

1  Thank dirk z
Reviewed August 20, 2013

All of my friends followed my lead , took the day off for fun and fishing .. NOT !!!! The captain treated this as a military outing. There was NO relaxing or even fishing without being yelled at. LOTS of money for ZERO memories. No photos, no food, no fun.. Don't give this jerk a penny >>>Even to my thirteen year old son this guy was mean and abrasive. I would NOT recommend this guy to my enemies.

11  Thank Justin A