“I look forward to going out again next summer!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Highliner Charters

Highliner Charters
Ranked #3 of 14 Tours in Anacortes
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided salmon and bottom fishing charter trips in the beautiful San Juan Islands of Washington State. There is no way to describe the excitement of putting folks on their first king salmon, giant lingcod, or huge halibut. The smile is from ear to ear, you can almost see their hearts pounding through their chests, and their hands shake for an hour afterward in response to the adrenaline. The stories get told, and the memories last a life time.
“I look forward to going out again next summer!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was a birthday gift for my husband and we had a blast! Captain Brett is such a good guy! He made our experience that much more entertaining! We did catch our limit so that's always great, I was happy to have caught one:)!!!! We did the 4 hour charter which was long enough for us. I highly recommend highliner charters for a fun day of fishing in the PNW!

Stockton, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazig Fishing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I recently came up to visit family and my father and I decided we wanted to go out and catch some salmon. We booked a trip with Highliner Charters. We were met in the morning by Tyler who is one of the charter captains. He was a nice young man that was very knowledgeable about the local area. On the way out we picked up another fisherman at Friday harbor. I think this a pretty cool service they will actually pick you up on one of the local islands for a small surcharge. Anyway when we got to the fishing grounds we were only trolling about 10 minutes and had our first hook up, then another, and then a 4 at once a little while later. We caught and released several wild coho (18 total), landed 5 hatchery coho, and we kept 7 pinks but probably released 10 more. Our Captain said he would stay out until we had 12 fish in the boat unless anyone needed to return early. Well let's just stay we didn't have to stay too long we had our limits just past noon. I work in the fishing tackle industry for a major outdoor retailer and I fished with a lot of guides. All I can say is if you want have a great fishing experience on the water, you need to call Brett and his team and book a trip.

Jerry M

1 Thank Jerry M
Brookfield, Wisconsin
“Had a great day with Captain Brett”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had a 1/2 day charter for our family of five a few weeks ago. We had great weather, and caught our limit. Brett was personable, and knowledgeable - all in all, it was a memorable experience.

Jack K

Visited August 2013
Anacortes, Washington
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great Day on the Water!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I wanted to take our 7yr old to catch his first Salmon, but being the fishing novices we are, decidced it would be a better idea to go out with someone who knew what they were doing. We decided to go through Highliner Charters in Anacortes because of the great reviews they had received from previous customers. So I called and made the reservation. Patty answered the phone and was so nice and accommidating. We wanted to reserve a spot for 4 people on a holiday weekend and she said no problem, they would take the bigger boat. We were pretty excited.
The day came, we met our Captain at Skyline Marina at their office, got our fishing licenses and we were off! We enjoyed a gorgeous ride out to the fishing grounds (the Southwest side of San Juan Island). The ride was comfortable and we got to watch the sunrise, it was awesome.
When we got there, Captain Bret immediately got our equipment set up and in the water. Within 15 minutes we had our first bite!! My husband was reeling in his first Salmon!! He even had to fight a sea lion for it, but it was worth it!
We spent a wonderful day on the water, caught more salmon then we knew what to do with, and my 7 yr old caught his first Salmon to boot! Mission accomplished. We had so much fun, and Captain Bret was really great in teaching us the difference between Wild salmon and hatchery salmon. The differences between Kings, Coho's, and Pinks. We will DEFINITELY be doing this trip again with Highliner Charters. Thanks Captain Brett and Patty!!!

1 Thank Olivia-Tim
Camano Island
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

We really enjoyed our fishing trip. Our captain was great. He was very knowledgeable and knew exactly where to go to catch fish. I strongly recommend Highliner Charters!

Visited August 2013