“Ling Cod Fishing San Juan Islands”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Highliner Charters

Highliner Charters
Ranked #3 of 14 Tours in Anacortes
More attraction details
Owner description: Guided salmon and bottom fishing charter trips in the beautiful San Juan Islands of Washington State. There is no way to describe the excitement of putting folks on their first king salmon, giant lingcod, or huge halibut. The smile is from ear to ear, you can almost see their hearts pounding through their chests, and their hands shake for an hour afterward in response to the adrenaline. The stories get told, and the memories last a life time.
Mount Vernon, Washington
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Ling Cod Fishing San Juan Islands”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I booked the trip with Highliner Charters owner Brett very conveniently by email and he contacted me by phone to confirm the departure time. We had Tyler as our guide, and although he is a young man, he apparently has years of experience on the water and knows where to find the fish. He rigged the gear and even caught live bait fish to go for the bigger ones. We all caught our limit of Ling Cod in the required size range. The beauty of the San Juan islands and the wildlife in additio to the fishing makes this an excellent choice. Highliner Charters definitely has the knowledge and experience to make a successful fishing trip. I highly recommend them.

Bellingham, Washington
“Fishing Highliner Charters”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2013

My son and I went out with Brett. My son who is 12 years old said he was the best ever and I had fun! We fish a bunch on our own and wanted to learn more and obviously catch fish, we did both. Brett’s patience and encouragement with my son was a pleasure to experience. If you are looking for a father and son day on the water look no further, give Brett at Highliner Charters a call. Thanks for a great time, we’ll be back.

1 Thank BobDBham
Tucson
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Captain in the Islands!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

Just got back from our second trip out into the San Juan Islands with Capt. Brett Rosson. Fishing off the west coast of Washington state requires a thorough knowledge of the species, the tides, the bottom structure, and the times of year that will produce the best trip for the fishing you're after. Capt.Brett and his team of experienced crew have done the homework, and will definitely put you on the fish!! They'll show you the techniques that will bring home big Salmon, Lincod, Halibut, or any other gamefish you might pursue in these waters. We plan to fish many more seasons to come with these guys, and will always recommend Brett and the Anacortes gang to anyone in the area! - "Doc"

1 Thank docfrickey
Anacortes, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great time! Awesome Fishing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I had the pleasure to take a fishing charter with Capt. Brett! Right off the bat he put us on the fish! Rods were down for only 20 minutes and we had our first Blackmouth salmon hooked and in the fish box. we had 5 more hook ups to follow with 3 fish in the boat. The new 28 foot parker is a top notch boat and can handle big weather. Our trip out to the fishing grounds we cruised through 5 foot stacked seas with ease. The comfortable warm cabin and facilities were a huge plus! Great gear, very personable guides, and awsome fishing! Very good value overall!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Matt L
Bellingham, Washington
“FISH ON!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

My first trip out with Highliner Charters was AMAZING! Fishing with them is off the hook! I look forward in going fishing again with Capt. Brett and I highly recommend Highliner as my guide of choice, not only to all my friends but everyone.....Anita

Visited July 2012