“Relaxing, tranquil, natural, helpful to my skin.”
Review of Native Springs

Native Springs
More attraction details
Owner description: When you book with Native Springs online or by phone, appointments are one on one. A small lobby with a cozy couch and comfortable relaxing surroundings are available for a friend or if you are coming in together. One enjoys tea and relaxing time while the other receives a facial or bodywork. A private bathroom offers privacy for changing. The spa boutique is on street level right off Commercial Avenue in Anacortes. Parking in lot available. Your appointment is joyfully anticipated and carefully prepared for.
Reviewed December 2, 2011

I really love the clay facials. I had been having some trouble with my skin and the clay facial gave me a fresh start. It very gently sloughed off the dry skin, which made extractions and a deep cleanse more effective. Then the application of wonderfully scented moisturizers left me feeling like I had a new face, so smooth and soft and without those little bumpies. This really is a very effective treatment and I highly recommend it.

Reviewed December 12, 2010

One of the best things you can do for yourself is self-care, and Joan couldn't be a better person to help facilitate such a thing with great knowledge and expertise. At her spa, I received a clay back exfoliation a little less than a week ago that I believe is still energizing me, the effects of the experience keeping me calm and at peace. I left with a feeling of "coolness" all across my back that I believe also had to do with the amazing energy she gives during the session. I am coming back in a month as I look forward to continuing skin results.

Her spa/work space is so inviting and relaxing, the mood-lighting is great, and local artists' gorgeous work is displayed throughout. She greeted me with tea and made me feel at ease seemingly before I even walked in the door!

I highly recommend this natural clay process that has been used in different cultures throughout history, as well as Joan's method at applying this skill.

Reviewed July 9, 2010

I've been going to Joan off and on for a couple of years now for her fabulous clay facials! If you haven't experienced one of hers yet, you've not had a LUXURY face treament!
My mom was the one who had told me about Joan as she has enjoyed her services over the years too! Thanks Mom!!
As you walk into her very inviting front office area you are immediately taken away from the daily grind into a world of relaxation. Joan uses only the best products and explains what she's doing as she does it with such a tender touch.
You definitely feel rejuvinated and anxious to make your next appointment when you leave for your next wonderful experience. You think you are going for an "appointment" but after the first one with her, you feel as though you are going to see a friend the next time.
Thanks for all your wonderfulness Joan!

Reviewed January 9, 2010

I have had one clay facial from Joan and am anxious to return. I discovered by first talking to Joan and then by receiving a treatment that she is not only skilled in her profession, she is passionate about her work.

I've had many facials but this was different than any I had experienced in the past. There was the feeling of being pampered that a really good facial provides but also the benefit of the clay exfoliation. Joan carefully uses her clay products to exfoliate your skin and then follows with a yummy moisturizing treatment. I walked away feeling cared for and renewed. I also had a hand and arm treatment from Joan one weekend when she was giving treatments at the local wine merchant. Talk about being pampered - sipping on a glass of wine while having a clay treatment and massage on the other!!

I recommend checking out Joan's website and getting on her email list. Joan will email you with specials she is having as well as special functions in La Conner.

Reviewed January 5, 2010

1/6/2010- Native Springs is a wonder small spa in La Conner that offers facials not only for the face, but back too! (okay, back exfoliations is the technical term). I plan a 'La Conner' weekend about three times a year and always book time with at Native Springs to get my pampering in! I highly recommend you give Joan Barlow of Native Springs a try. She gives wonderful treatments! Joan also carries a natural line face products as well at her shop. http://www.nativesprings.com/