“Yummy food and dog friendly!”

Bob's Chowder Bar & BBQ Salmon
Ranked #13 of 91 Restaurants in Anacortes
Cuisines: Barbecue, Seafood
Reviewed August 20, 2014

After a week of camping on the islands, we decided to stop for a last meal before heading over the North Cascades HWY. The food is fantabulous (which we have always had good food there)!! I personally love the fish tacos. I have a big appetite, so I ordered two, and I could barely finish. Felt ridiculously full! $40 for three of us to eat and drink, definitely too much food! Fast service, too, even right at lunch time!!!

What we REALLY loved is that they are dog friendly! We were just gonna order and eat in the car just like we had done our entire trip. But, they allow dogs on their patio, and even have a water dish for them!!! And, when we were finishing up, our super friendly waitress brought our Baxter a bone!! Not one of those cheap-o bones that our dog will ignore, but a true treat that he gobbled down!!!

1  Thank Blt0123

Reviewed August 20, 2014

I have visited Anacortes for about 7 years now. I live in FL and work for a company in Anacortes. The Chowder was good not great. The salmon wrap was OK but not great. The fish tacos were OK but not great.

Maybe we should have tried the BBQ'd Salmon that they are known for. Will give them another try when back in Anacortes and have the BBQ Salmon.

Overall OK but not great.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

I always recommend Bob's to travelers. Whether dining in, or taking out, you can't go wrong with a cup of chowder and a salmon wrap from Bob's!

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I've eaten there several times and think their fish and chips and the chowder are the best. Great spot, clean and friendly place for lunch?

Reviewed August 3, 2014

Back in the USA on holiday, and on the coast, so seafood it had to be. My wife had the shrimp and I had oysters. Huge oysters. Fried enough so the batter held together, but so fast that they were still soft and liquid inside. Amazing. Served very plainly with salty fries, and an Alaskan Brewery Company beer. Sat outside and watched the world go by. Cheap and very tasty.

1  Thank David P