“Wonderful place!”

Pelican Bay Books & Coffeehouse
Ranked #26 of 99 Restaurants in Anacortes
Reviewed June 4, 2019

What a cozy place! They have a huge selection of books and authors, all in good condition and covering just about any topic you want. The prices are good and the staff is friendly and helpful. A great place to visit!

Reviewed June 2, 2019 via mobile

Have a large selection of books, great prices good condition. Can order and get it within a couple days. I would highly reccomend stopping in.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed May 18, 2019

I have written more than a thousand reviews, yet when it comes to Pelican Bay Bookstore, I don’t know enough superlatives to describe it adequately. Everything I love about bookstores and coffeehouses and bookstores are represented here in the best way. As I have pointed out in previous reviews, the bookshelves alone are a reason to visit, even without the books. They were a huge investment and just the opposite of the funky location in which they used to be located before coming here. But I come for the coffee, which is excellent. The dark chocolate is rich, the decaf is water-processed and fair trade, and the baristas are skilled.

Reviewed May 16, 2019 via mobile

As a bookstore aficionado and former independent bookstore employee, I wholeheartedly recommend this awesome place. Could have spent way longer if we didn’t have a ferry to catch. Husband bought 2 rare poetry books and I got some lovely notecards. Every detail in the store - washrooms, art on the wall, cafe - is thoughtful.

Reviewed January 16, 2019

They have books. Not digital files, but real, honest, paper books with words in them. I like that. I really appreciate the ambiance they have created and every time I go there, I see people hanging out and reading, or having coffee and talking. All surrounded by a fantastic selection of books :)

Date of visit: December 2018