“First Time FABULOUS, Second Time NEVER AGAIN! BEWARE of CAT PEE”
Review of Lochaerie Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Amanda Park
Lochaerie Resort
Reviewed August 27, 2007

The first time we stayed, it was a spur of the moment thing, and the cabin we stayed in was like a dream cabin. Christy.
The managers, and older couple, were new to the place and very nice, although I noticed they had a lot of cats.
The cabin was $50 per night. Rustic but so much fun.
We ended up staying several nights it was so romantic and peaceful.

I talked about the place so much my whole family decided to go the next year instead of Chelan, although my elderly parents stayed at the lodge, Lake Quinalt, across the lake.

I should have changed our plans when we were told we had to pay the whole week in advance with NO REFUNDS.
But I insisted, and will never live down how treacherous it was getting my mother down to the cabin my brother rented, she fell and hit her head on the staircase.

Then the cat pee on everything was totally unbearable. Rustic I can live with, I love it, even the hike to the lower cabins was well worth it.
But the smell of cat pee on the furniture and the bedding was gagging to say the least.

For 50$ a night the place is worth it, but the horribly inflated prices now are outrageous.

I believe the owner is from Bellevue and a Microsoftie. Tom, his last name escapes me. But you can find the real owner through tax records for that property on line.

• Stayed: July 2003, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
7  Thank CotswoldJR

Reviewed May 19, 2007

We booked thru Quinualt Web site, nothing states you will not
get your deposit back if you are unable to stay. We booked
for this July. It is now beginning of May. We are unable to
go and called owner. He (Steve) will not return are money.
He was rude. He would not call us back and when he did
he would not return our money even if he rebooks in over
2 months from now. So basically kept our money for himself.
I have never in years of travel heard of this practice. Usually
you get money back with a 10 to 30 day notice. I would
not recommend staying somewhere like this. Terrible.
Buyer beware. He kept $200.00 that is a lot of money.

Stayed: May 2007
8  Thank Bonzisan
A TripAdvisor Member
Hayden, ID
Reviewed October 5, 2005

Better Business Bureau:
When I made reservations for our honeymoon trip, Mike, the manager of the
Lochaerie Resort, Lake Quinalt, Washington, downplayed the steepness to the beach from our cabin even though I told him I was sixty-three with some orthopedic problems.When we arrived (9/12/5) the manager’s wife requested full payment for our stay (four days minus deposit) and was very assertive about getting that up front even when we requested to see the cabin first. The double bed in the cabin allowed less roominess than most because it was shoved in a corner due to the smallness of the room. We tolerated that and the terrible descent to the beach (root bound with at least one drop of two feet) for two days and then we had to leave (my hip and knee were getting really sore).We asked for a refund and the manager wrote us a note saying he would recommend to the owner one’s night refund. In follow-up calls, it did not sound like that ever happened. He repeatedly refused to let us talk to the owner (“No one talks to the owner but me!”) and did not call me back when he said he would. In the last conversation when I became more assertive, he hung up on me—saying I was calling him a liar, which I did not.I feel the accommodations of the “resort” were verbally misrepresented and that their policy of all the money up front is not a standard in the industry. We would like the two nights (incl. tax) refunded because we needed to pay for lodging two nights elsewhere.

Enc: credit card charges and note from manager
Cc: trip advisor.com

24  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Amanda Park
Lake Quinault Lodge
Lake Quinault Lodge
#1 of 2 in Quinault
Hi-Tide Ocean Beach Resort
Rain Forest Resort Village

Been to Lochaerie Resort? Share your experiences!