All reviews storm king adirondack chairs lake quinault nice fireplace easy access cabin angeles hosts firewood
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

We stayed over the July 4 the weekend for 3 nights in a one bedroom cabin. The lake is beautiful. They had kayaks you could use for free. Our cabin had a fireplace and the first bundle of wood was free. We used the fireplace each night.

The welcoming staff were friendly and helpful in our queries about fishing and wild berries in the area. The grounds were impeccable and had lots of colored flowers that were beautiful. They even had Xmas ornaments for sale in the check-in made if wood since the business is located in the rain forest.

We saw elk, deer, bald eagle, trout and lots of slugs. All different colored ones.

The cabin was small but enough for 2 adults. It had hot water and a stove, microwave and refrigerator. There were other cabins that looked bigger that had views to the lake. There was no tv but the cabin had reading material, cards and games for their guests.

I would rate this place high if you are a minimalists, but if you need a blow dryer and tv it is not the place for you.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Our family of 4 stayed 2 nights in Storm King at the end of Spring Break. We found it to be comfortable, cozy and and ideal end for Olympic National Park adventure. Our girls loved playing in the upstairs room, building forts down by the lake and playing with the resident cat. It was nice to be able to cook meals in the small but well equipped kitchen. I especially liked how the owners have kept the cabins true to their era with the furnishings, wood floors, bead board, pull strings on lights, etc. Wonderful stay!

Room Tip: There were several steps to the Storm King cabin, but were not a problem at all for us to navigate several times a day. (2 adults, 2 kids,10 and 7)
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed in a lakeside cabin which was small but beautifully furnished with historically sympathetic pieces and comfortable. Right by the lakeshore you feel very much amongst the wilderness of the Olympic peninsula and the views are superb from the terraces (there are two).

You need to be aware of what you're getting; these are lovingly restored early 20th century prospector's cabins, not five star by any means. Yes, there's a steep(ish) staircase down to the cabin...yes, there's a small bed...but there's a log fire, amazing views, fantastic finish to the cabins and plenty to do in the surrounding area.

I have to point out also that the cabins were very clean and well maintained with good showers and kitchen facilities.

I honestly cannot think of a better way to experience Olympic National Park!

The photos below are of the cabin and the view I woke up to on my second morning.

Room Tip: I liked Christie as it's right on the lake...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank LondonTraveler008
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Stayed for a few nights on our honeymoon trip to the pacific northwest. We had done a lot of hiking and whatnot by the time we checked in to the cabin so it was a perfect place to relax and connect. Sitting on the porch and grilling fresh seafood that we had bought and brought with us. Watching otters play just outside of our window. Snuggling up in front of the fire place wrapped up in a blanket together playing board games that are provided in the cabin. These are some of both my husband and my favorite memories from our honeymoon and they all happened at Locharie. We were in Washington for over a week and we wish we had stayed longer. Our time at locharie was by far some of our favorite of our trip. The owners were very helpful at check in and made it known that if we needed anything to let them know, but after that everything was very private and peaceful. And the stars! Oh the stars. I have never seen stars like I did out of the window of our cottage bedroom. We do plan on taking an anniversary trip at some point in the future and this is certain to be on the itinerary.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Storm King Cabin. The cabins closer to the lake/lower down are harder to get to if you are less mobile but are a bit more private.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachelmae83
Reviewed October 30, 2013

My husband, sister and I stayed 2 nights in Storm King in September. The cabin was so very cool! We had a wonderful time exploring the rain forest during the day. I prepared our meals in advance and took them with us. After a day of hiking we returned to our cabin for lasagne dinner, etc. The kitchen has a gas stove, refrigerator, toaster, microwave, dishes, cookware, etc. Dish washing soap and paper towels were also provided. Very easy to store our food and beverages and prepare our meals. I did take plastic wrap and aluminum foil which came in handy. The cabin was very peaceful. Loved every minute! And, as an added bonus, Walter, the ferocious kitten, came to visit us (Photos of Walter and Skyler can be found on Lochaerie's website). It was heavenly to sit on the porch with a beautiful kitten curled up in my lap. I haven't stopped thinking about the visit and sincerely can't wait until we go back. Must warn - there are about 32 steps - fairly steep - down to Storm King AND back up. So, pack accordingly or choose another cabin. They all look great. Oh yes - thanks Tom and Chris for everything!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends